Merged: Second stringer as second pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Second stringer as second pick

you guys notice that when Gruden was talking about Carnal, he stated that between Brown (put him first) and Cadiac (2nd), which was strange, they have great character and willing to do anything to get a team win. He didn't have to mention Brown at all, but I could see the respect he had for Brown also as well as the guy he got.

Ronnie started and rushed for over 1000 yards and 9 TD as a starter when Caddy was hurt. Cedric never lined up somewhere else when he wasnt the tailback, Caddy didn't either. ACTUALLY, NO RB EVER DID WHAT RONNIE DID!!!!! WE GOT A COMPLETE FOOTBALL PLAYER!!!!!! Just look at what Lovie Smith said:

Lovie Smith

"You talk about unselfish, I mean, most of the time, running backs say, 'Hey, I'm the man, give me the ball,' " said Lovie Smith, the Chicago Bears coach. "You got Ronnie Brown lining up as a fullback. How many great tailbacks line up as a fullback? He's also on the punt team. You talk to both of them, they want to give the other guy a lot of credit."

DoLpHiNz34 said:
But they still started at some point in their college careers. Ronnie was always #2 on the depth chart.

I believe that's because Holmes & Williams were not in the same class. Once Williams moved from FB (as a Freshman) he took the job.

No one in Miami or the ENTIRE WORLD for that matter would've known who Willis McGahee was until GORE got hurt. Willis was the FB for GORE, you guys never mention that do you???? Guess what the "backup" McGahee was the 21st pick(w/ an injured knee) and GORE went in the 3rd.....ENOUGH ABOUT BACKUPS!!!!!

dolfreak said:
No one in Miami or the ENTIRE WORLD for that matter would've known who Willis McGahee was until GORE got hurt. Willis was the FB for GORE, you guys never mention that do you???? Guess what the "backup" McGahee was the 21st pick(w/ and injured knee) and GORE went in the 3rd.....ENOUGH ABOUT BACKUPS!!!!!

Totally agree, Gore was susposed to be the 2nd coming of God before he got hurt.

Its funny, the media bashes players who are "me" first, demanding the ball more. Then when a guy comes along who puts the team first and doing whats asked of him first instead of complaining about getting more touches, the media turns around and bashes him for not being the "guy."

You just can not win with the media. They bash players who want to be the man as selfish, then they turn around and point out players individual stats as a way to judge a players worth.

If the best receiver of all time can come from Miss. Valley State, i don't see why the "#2" tailback from an undefested AUBURN team cant be succesful in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom