Merged: See All Those Dolfans in Dallas? / Beautiful Day In Dallas | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: See All Those Dolfans in Dallas? / Beautiful Day In Dallas

Originally posted by DallasDolfan
Fellow Fins Fans....I was at the game and it was glorious. I estimate fully 30 % of the crowd were Dolfans, and by games end it was all Dolfans. At the end of the game about 500 of us gathered in the corner the Dolphins were exiting. We were screaming De-Fense so loud you could swear you were in the closed end of the Orange Bowl in it's hey day. I know the D buckled down harder and stopped the Boys for us. The players were emploring us to scream louder and louder. It was so great having them acknowledge us as they left the field. Man it was B-E-A utiful.

Nice story, thanks. I'm sure the Fins were estatic if not stunned about having a lot of Finfans at an away game. And you guys might have something to do with Zach making that interception at the end, he came out of nowhere. And what I hate the most about the whole end scenario is that on our last possession before that (we were on their 20) we could have easily put up 3 points, or if not, make a good attempt for 7 points when it was 4th down, but we ran right into their defense as not to run up the scoreboard. Next thing you know, they're trying to get a cheap touchdown with all their starters with 30 seconds left in the game. I'm glad Zach made that int. :D

Fellow Fins Fans....I was at the game and it was glorious. I estimate fully 30 % of the crowd were Dolfans, and by games end it was all Dolfans. At the end of the game about 500 of us gathered in the corner the Dolphins were exiting. We were screaming De-Fense so loud you could swear you were in the closed end of the Orange Bowl in it's hey day. I know the D buckled down harder and stopped the Boys for us. The players were emploring us to scream louder and louder. It was so great having them acknowledge us as they left the field. Man it was B-E-A utiful.

DD,

I got a picture of you guys.

I met KevAsh from finforum (I think) but I didn't meet anybody from this board.

I think your 30% estimate was a little much although we were well represented. On the flight over to Dallas out of Atlanta there was about 6 fellow dolfans on the plane. At DFW airport there were Miami jerseys everywhere.

I told my wife that although it looked good "out and about", it doesn't acount for the 60,000 people who would be coming right out of their homes to go to the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I mention in an earlier thread, I have watched the game twice and each time I noticed how loud the crowd got when Miami did something good. Kudos to the fans that went to the game, you made all of us watching our TV's proud. :hi5:

Originally posted by poppy
The Fins have a strong national following. Remember the San Diego game out in Arizona. There were more Fins Jerseys in the audience then Charger jerseys.

I live out in the Bay Area and have gone to many Fins/Raiders and Fins/Niners (nightmare outcomes). There is always a large contingent of Finfans there. I even remember listening to the radio broadcast of the Raiders. Grep Papa (Their play by play man) was commenting how you could always count on the Fins providing a sell out at the Oakland Coliseum, because they are an elite franchise with a strong national following.

Yup, because God knows the Raiders can't sell out any of their games. :lol:

About 6,000 tickets to Sunday's game (vs. Denver) remained available Friday evening, a team spokesman said, assuring that the Raiders will be blacked out for the 47th time in 70 games since the Raiders returned to Oakland before the 1995 season.

LINK

But I thought Oakland had the best fans eva!! :tongue:

It was a GREAT day. I was speaking to other Dolfans in the walkways, and we all agreed it was the best place to be in America on Thanksgiving day, with tens of millions of people watching us!!

During the game I found myself thinking about my brothers at Finheaven, especially inFins and Muck, I know you all enjoyed it and our cheers were for you too.

And of course I was thinking of LCF, our brother in the real heaven.

DD

W00T!! :tongue:

Hell yeah I was diggin' it!! Best Thanksgiving ever!!

When watching the games, I too think about our brothers (and sisters too :)) that talk it up here before heading to the game. Especially when big plays occur for us. :up: I think about how loud they're cheering and how much fun they're having.

Bump because I saw DD online! :D

Dallas Game

ZOD,
Thanks alot. Amazingly, you can actually see me in the pic. I am wearing an orange Ricky jersey to the left of the banner in the middle of the pic. Devishly handsome if I must say so myself. This pic goes into my archives, thanks alot. This pic is all of us in the end zone at the end of the game.

DD

Which one are you?

Next to the banner?

Below the banner?

PM me an email address and I can send the digital image. It's a little better than you see here.

This picture will always be a little fuzzy because I had to edit the exposure. The lighting sucked.

It was a GREAT day. I was speaking to other Dolfans in the walkways, and we all agreed it was the best place to be in America on Thanksgiving day, with tens of millions of people watching us!!

During the game I found myself thinking about my brothers at Finheaven, especially inFins and Muck, I know you all enjoyed it and our cheers were for you too.

And of course I was thinking of LCF, our brother in the real heaven.

DD

Heyyy...I never saw this.....dang it!

Thanks double D.....you guys were definately rockin' the house, and now I feel like I was there in some small way.....cool.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom