[MERGED] Senator wants to meet with Commish about Destroyed Tapes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Senator wants to meet with Commish about Destroyed Tapes

What's wrong with a Senator being concerned about the integrity of an institution that millions and millions of Americans spend serious money on? There likely won't be full blown hearings or anything of that nature, it's simply someone in power firing a shot across the bow of an arrogant institution. An institution that basically ignores anti-trust laws, treats retired players like dirt and generally thinks they can do whatever they want.

I, along with all of you, love the NFL. That being said I don't mind them getting slapped around a tad.

Except lost in all of this, is that he's only doing it because of the Eagles.

You guys can complain all you want about the NFL destroying the tapes, the reason they were destroyed is because it showed other teams "cheating" as well. The fact you choose not to accept that is fine.

You guys can complain all you want about the NFL destroying the tapes, the reason they were destroyed is because it showed other teams "cheating" as well. The fact you choose not to accept that is fine.

And you would use what evidence to base this upon?

And you would use what evidence to base this upon?
The same evidence you use to base upon your opinion that the Pats cheated every game since Belichick came to New England.

Before I get the "Oh you of course think they didn't cheat" response from someone, I know they OBVIOUSLY cheated - and more than once. I just feel they weren't the only ones who were doing some form of "illegal activity". Goodell has cracked down on offenders since he took office. Players, coaches, organizations. Tagliabue never did any of that. Who knows how much of it was going on when he was in office?

The same evidence you use to base upon your opinion that the Pats cheated every game since Belichick came to New England.

Before I get the "Oh you of course think they didn't cheat" response from someone, I know they OBVIOUSLY cheated - and more than once. I just feel they weren't the only ones who were doing some form of "illegal activity". Goodell has cracked down on offenders since he took office. Players, coaches, organizations. Tagliabue never did any of that. Who knows how much of it was going on when he was in office?

First off, I never gave the opinion that the Pats cheated every game.No where in my post did I state this and for you to assume this is incorrect.

Secondly, the whole point is that we don't know the extent of the Pats cheating scandal. This is why Im upset the tapes were destoyed. What else is on them?

Lastly, if in fact there were other teams cheating on those tapes NE had (as you suggest) why weren't other teams fined or punished? If you're Kraft or BB why not point the finger at those teams instead of being the only franchise to look bad?

I can't say I wouldn't take the same approach as you if it were my team, but c'mon dude. You have to admit this just doesn't all add up.

Really? Wow. You have quite the scoop there man. Where did you get that inside info? :lol:

Of course, it's not surprising to hear Patsie fans crying the same "everybody is doing it" refrain, despite there being no evidence showing that. No, the only evidence that has thus far come to light indicates only the Patsies cheating.

Its not like he has anything else to worry about right?

War?
poor and starving people?
Temps getting warmer and warmer?
Taxes?

Funny thing that the Patriots were the only ones who were punished for it.(Although not nearly as hard as they should have been). My point is if other teams were cheating then why not take them all down at once. I'll tell you why. The Patriots have been continuosly doing it and they had the proof against THEM. Then they were punished and It was swept under the rug(tapes destroyed) to protect the integrity of the game.

Of course every team will try to gain an advantage but face it man the Patriots are cheaters, they were busted and the rest of the NFL has been cheated.

Its not like he has anything else to worry about right?

War?
poor and starving people?
Temps getting warmer and warmer?
Taxes?

C'mon. Nobody is equating this with those issues.

Again, what is wrong with him scrutinizing a multibillion dollar corporation doing business in the United States? Is the integrity of businesses not important when Americans spend millions upon millions on them?

C'mon. Nobody is equating this with those issues.

Again, what is wrong with him scrutinizing a multibillion dollar corporation doing business in the United States? Is the integrity of businesses not important when Americans spend millions upon millions on them?

Because the NFL has nothing to do with what he should be worring about. He is doing this to find votes. Which he most likely wouldn't need if he was doing his job right.

This is not steriods, its a team that got caught and the NFL took care of it, I agree destroying the tapes was bad judgement, but it has nothing to do with the government.

Because the NFL has nothing to do with what he should be worring about. He is doing this to find votes. Which he most likely wouldn't need if he was doing his job right.

This is not steriods, its a team that got caught and the NFL took care of it, I agree destroying the tapes was bad judgement, but it has nothing to do with the government.

That's your opinion.

The NFL took care of it? Really? Is that your standard for businesses--simply destroy all evidence casting doubt on your integrity as a multibillion dollar corporation. I'm all for government staying out of business, but at times big business needs to be checked a bit.

That's not true. Our Government is the oversight of our Nations business practices and laws. The Antitrust exemption the NFL has is always scrutinized by Congress to make sure americans that do spend money supporting this sport are getting a fair product on the field.

Personally, I think its least important of their roles, but it does fall under their Government appointed responsibilities by the people (checks and balances).

Back
Top Bottom