MERGED-Shower Rankings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Shower Rankings

onemanswarm

Practice Squad
Reaction score
WTF, FinHeaven?!

For the past five weeks, I have been posting a weekly digest of the state of the NFL, which I call Shower Rankings. I posted them in the main Dolphin forum, and was appreciative of the feedback that I received from the excellent fans here.

This week, the Shower Ranking post was banished to The Depths of the Sea, where it has been largely ignored. Some of the FinHeaven members who have stated that they look forward to this post every week have not come across it because, quite clearly, the Depths forum is not nearly as popular as the main forum.

Is the Shower Ranking thread exclusively Dolphin related? No. It deals with all thirty-two teams in the league. But this had never been a problem in the past. The overwhelming majority of respondents expressed appreciation for the weekly post. The sole voice of dissent was from a member named Peeps, whose complaints included a plea that the "drivel" be moved to the General NFL Forum.

But the post was not moved to General NFL, it was moved to The Depths of the Sea, a much smaller, much less conspicuous forum. Additionally, there was no notification that the thread had been moved. Several other threads had similarly been moved by administration, but there was an announcement declaring that this was the case. Not so for the Shower Rankings. So why the big demotion?

I'm guessing it was due to some imagery that some could judge as adult content. I'm not a mod, but after reading it, that's my opinion.

DrAstroZoom said:
I'm guessing it was due to some imagery that some could judge as adult content. I'm not a mod, but after reading it, that's my opinion.

Well, there is definitely some adult content, but the other posts were equally questionable. Maybe moreso.

I was wondering where your ranking were!

you do a great job on them onemanswarm, funny stuff.

This should probably be in the Questions and Suggestions Forum. It would get more attention from the mods there.

onemanswarm said:
For the past five weeks, I have been posting a weekly digest of the state of the NFL, which I call Shower Rankings. I posted them in the main Dolphin forum, and was appreciative of the feedback that I received from the excellent fans here.

This week, the Shower Ranking post was banished to The Depths of the Sea, where it has been largely ignored. Some of the FinHeaven members who have stated that they look forward to this post every week have not come across it because, quite clearly, the Depths forum is not nearly as popular as the main forum.

Is the Shower Ranking thread exclusively Dolphin related? No. It deals with all thirty-two teams in the league. But this had never been a problem in the past. The overwhelming majority of respondents expressed appreciation for the weekly post. The sole voice of dissent was from a member named Peeps, whose complaints included a plea that the "drivel" be moved to the General NFL Forum.

But the post was not moved to General NFL, it was moved to The Depths of the Sea, a much smaller, much less conspicuous forum. Additionally, there was no notification that the thread had been moved. Several other threads had similarly been moved by administration, but there was an announcement declaring that this was the case. Not so for the Shower Rankings. So why the big demotion?

Good stuff.

Maybe a little touchy moving that post into the depths...... but you know, we cant have funny articles on the mainpage because it will detract from all the "Joey sucks", "Cleo is the future", "trade the entire team", "fire the coaching staff" and all the other Madden-playing-wanna-be-NFL-GMs-who think they know everything about football before they are 21 years old posts.

ZACH THOMAS TO SS!

onemanswarm said:
Well, there is definitely some adult content, but the other posts were equally questionable. Maybe moreso.

Well, unfortunately, I've seen more than one thread moved because, despite the best intentions of the original poster, the thread has lurched off course into an area inappropriate for the section in which it was originally posted.

Would someone please tell me why the Shower Ranking thread was banished from the main forum, where it enjoyed a mutually beneficial five-week run?

Your shower rankings were funny but did not follow the TOS. We expect every member to follow those rules. This is a family oriented site, we have members of all ages. The Depths of the Sea forum is where anyone can post without worrying about violating the TOS. Hope this clears everything up for you.

It would stay on the Main Board if you could edit out the more below-the-belt vulgar references.As Byroan said we try to keep the main board G rated.Thats one of the reasons why this MB is the largest privately owned single sports team message board on the net.We have a lot of kids as well as female members.

We have the Depths of the sea forum for smack and more adult posting.

BTW Your first threads stayed on the MB because they were less vulgar than your more recent ones.Look at your first one.I even posted that it was a fun read.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=171957

CrunchTime said:
It would stay on the Main Board if you could edit out the more vulgar phrases.As Byroan said we try to keep the main board G rated.Thats one of the reasons why this MB is the largest privately owned single sports team message board on the net.We have a lot of kids as well as female members.

We have the Depths of the sea forum for smack and more adult posting.

hahahahahahahahaha :goof:

Back
Top Bottom