Merged: Sign the petition to keep Dolphin games (and all others) on net for free! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Sign the petition to keep Dolphin games (and all others) on net for free!

dean_siu

sdkjglkdsjglkdsj
Reaction score
Sign the petition to keep Dolphin games (and all others) on net for free!

The NFL is really screwing with its fans by attempting to charge $9.95 a month this year to hear radio broadcasts streamed on the internet. Someone has started a petition to change this and I've signed it....hopefully many others here can sign it as well. Here's the link:

http://www.petitiononline.com/NFLaudio/petition.html

I think they've convinced some networks not to cancel tv shows, etc....I don't know if this will work or not....but its worth a try to let the NFL know that fans are not happy about this move. If 100,000 signatures can be gathered, I think it will make quite a statement to the league office.

i have never been more angry at anything before as i am angry with nfl.com right now. they make billions of dollars and i am a student, yet they want me to pay for radio?? what jerks.

Sign the petition to either go t the games, buy NFL Sunday ticket, or not watch football!

Originally posted by Peanut
Sign the petition to either go t the games, buy NFL Sunday ticket, or not watch football!

Yep, I'll just fly to Florida from California every Sunday, blow up the building thats in the way of the satalite for NFL Sunday ticket, or just not watch football.

Originally posted by Barbarian

Yep, I'll just fly to Florida from California every Sunday, blow up the building thats in the way of the satalite for NFL Sunday ticket, or just not watch football.

Exactly!

I wonder how much a plane ticket will be from Germany each week? I'm sure the G.I's here will pay any price. We do make millions serving our country.
:troops:

I just signed the petition. Living in England, some of us only get a limited amount of Dolphins football anyway, the only saving grace being live radio. I'm disgusted by this.

Any lawyers in the house know if there are legitimate grounds for legal action? Heck, I'd send a small donation to a fund to hire someone to fight this. If everyone did the same, we could battle this greedy infringement of one of our supposed rights - radio.

Come on people, lets fight this one. Just 1000 fans from each NFL team would gain over 30 thousand supporters.

I signed. I now have NFL Sunday Ticket, but before that I used to listen to the games at wqam.com. Does this affect listening to the games on another site? Either way this is total BS and the NFL is trying to screw people. Radio is supposed to be free.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I signed. I now have NFL Sunday Ticket, but before that I used to listen to the games at wqam.com. Does this affect listening to the games on another site? Either way this is total BS and the NFL is trying to screw people. Radio is supposed to be free.

I'm guessing that NFL.com must be recieving exlusive rights to broadcasts, therefore, other stations are prehibited from airing live games - like they do with the Superbowl.

I'm with you guys, but I suspect the only thing a petition will do is show the NFL the size of the potential market they are now milking for radio broadcast fees.

The only thing that will stop this is if no one buys it.

What sucks is that nfl.com's stream is very poor. Much worse than QAM's. If they're going to charge us to listen to the damn game, they'd better give us high quality audio and no downtime.

I signed. But just a reminder. You can go to the radio stations direct web site and listen to the games. Wqam.com has it for the Fins, I listned to the Jets Bengals yesterday on thier flagship website.

So you are not cutoff. But I still disagree with the new policy. They are also charging for access to NFL films as part of this package.

Damn it we pay enough for tickets, memorabilia, etc.

Originally posted by PhinKev
I'm with you guys, but I suspect the only thing a petition will do is show the NFL the size of the potential market they are now milking for radio broadcast fees.

The only thing that will stop this is if no one buys it.

This could happen....but there is also a spot on the petition for you to make comments....and many of those signing (including myself) make mention that we have no intention to buy. Also, there are many comments from military people overseas who have no other means to follow live action....this aspect alone should be enough of a factor for the NFL to reconsider.

Back
Top Bottom