Merged: So if Brunell is gone...what choice do we have? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: So if Brunell is gone...what choice do we have?

NYPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
So if Brunell is gone...what choice do we have?

Looks like this Brunell deal is going to go down in March...believe he was our No1 choice...so where do we turn?
Brad Johnson
Rich Gannon
Jon Kitna
Patrick Ramsey
Gus Ferroute
Vinny Testaverde
Tim Couch
Kelly Holcombe
Kurt Warner
Jay Fiedler
Brian Griese
Trent Dilfer
Jeff Blake
Jeff George
I am making myself sick writing some of these names down....and some of them are not even really available...and think Eli Manning is the only QB in the Draft who could come in and start right away...Did I forget anyone?...anyone else with any ideas?

Gruden said that he's keeping Brad Johnson, and Martz said the same for Warner. From that list, I'd take Ramsey.

Don't think that is a bad choice...but what would it take to get him...and is he even AVAILABLE?

yeah there is one more option and i would love to see him under center next year it is phillip rivers i think the guy is incredible and i think he can start with a little work from trestman and collier.

I think Rivers will be a good QB.....EVENTUALLY......asking an awful lot...awful lot for him to come in here and start...and there is no guarrantee he will be there at 20...can we deal with a season of growing pains?

No one ever mentions Volek. This guy is for real. I'm amazed no one ever even brings his name up and he is better than anyone on your list. He has been in the league 4 years and is a very smart, accurate QB. Just because a guy doesn't have a big name we discard him. Had anyone heard of Delhome, Brady or Warner before they took their teams to the Superbowl?

Another good choice I forgot on my list...but if we bring him in...then we have to forget about Henson and Rivers...alot of questions about what we will do...will affect how we draft and what we do in FA.

It was brought up by another poster...kills me to even think it...do we bring in a Vinny Testaverde...just for a year...so we can draft a Rivers or sign Henson???....who we bring in will say if we are going to try to win right away or buld for the future...not oo many options if we want someone for just a year or two

Originally posted by dolfan34
yeah there is one more option and i would love to see him under center next year it is phillip rivers i think the guy is incredible and i think he can start with a little work from trestman and collier.

I'll pass

Ramsey is obviously athletic and has a lot of abilities, shows a lot of promise for a young QB. Question is, if the Redskins would let him go?

If we could get Couch I would take him but that would throw Rivers or Henson out. I don't care if he is a West coast offense kind of guy I would take Garcia in a heart beat.

If Brunell is signed by the dolphins would it throw out the chance of us getting Rivers or Henson.

Jeff George was pretty good player what happened to him? To me he was pretty good starter I thought he was better than Fiedler anyway.

Billy Volek?

The kid had one start against us and he did do pretty impressive but he had a season ending injury during the game.

That tells me he's injury prone.

Back
Top Bottom