Merged: So who starts for you next week? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: So who starts for you next week?

Starter against Titans?

• Fiedler, Jay

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Griese, Brian

Votes: 38 79.2%
  • Rosenfels, Sage

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters

Sydor25

11-5 East Champions
Reaction score
Starter against the Titans?

Might as well start the debate now. Who is your starting QB versus the Tennessee Titans?

I go with Griese.

What's the difference, will there be a whole new Oline there to pretect whoever is the starter?
Until then it dosen't mattter who starts.

The question should be, who should the Dolphins start on O-line against the Titans

You need a fourth category...

...4) with this O-line to protect the QB, does it matter?

For me Griese as a pure pocket passer is more limited behind this O-line, Fiedler can scramble better and make things happed. If he can protect the ball better when he goes down then Griese may get something on another play. Tough call though after a close game with one of the AFC's top teams.

Would you rather the ball be fumbled or thrown to the opponent?

I think I would want Fiedler to start, because I don't want Griese to get hurt. Griese is the only real Qb on this team, and his health should not be risked until LT problem is settled.

Originally posted by Hellion
What's the difference, will there be a whole new Oline there to pretect whoever is the starter?
Until then it dosen't mattter who starts.

The difference is that, if given time, Griese is the much better QB. Griese's rating against the Colts was 98.5, if you give him any time at all, he will put points on the board. Fiedler sucks with or without time.

Giese does need to hold on to the ball. He's now fumbled 33 times in 55 games, but surprisingly he has only "lost" 11 of them. Of course, the Dolphins are horrible at recovering fumbles.

Fiedler has fumbled 15 times in 60 games, but has "lost" 7 of them.

Originally posted by Regan21286
The question should be, who should the Dolphins start on O-line against the Titans

Do they have a choice? Is there anyone out there that can start on the blind side? Do we switch Wade to the other side?

I know I was taking a well deserved jab at the Oline. By saying "What's the difference" the Oline CAN'T give him more time so put BG, JF or SR all three will spend the majority of their time on their backs.
Guess my sarcasim didn't make across very well.

So who starts for you next week?

I would guess Griese as he played pretty well, but it would have been a lock if you had won. If Fiedler is 100% and he is benched, is it fair to lose your job due to an injury or did he lose it for subpar play? One other question: if your line is struggling do you go with the more mobile guy with the worse arm or take your chances with more sacks and fumbles for more big plays? I don't watch enough of your games to know in all honesty.

Ban thic clown. This a dolphin board and we will not tolerate your screename. Change it.

Definitely Griese. It's his job until he plays a bad game or two at least. While Jay is more mobile, our offense is suited more for a pure passer. A pocket QB. So no matter how sorry this line is, you've gotta go with the better QB.

Fiedler should start next week period..

Zod, not sure you know the full import of what you've stated.

Originally posted by ZOD

I'd rather lose.

Like if he's going to get a win and you'd rather lose? The clown should refer to the poll so I'm not commenting on who should start, here. But what are you admitting?

Back
Top Bottom