Merged: So who starts for you next week? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: So who starts for you next week?

Starter against Titans?

• Fiedler, Jay

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Griese, Brian

Votes: 38 79.2%
  • Rosenfels, Sage

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
Originally posted by minus
Fiedler should start next week period..

^this is coming from a guy who predicted Fiedler to go to the PRO BOWL. :lol:

Anyways, Griese should start. Isn't Tennessee's pass defense ranked low? Perfect oppurtunity for Griese to pick them apart.

Fiedler on the other hand, has so and so games against weak pass defenses. You Fiedler supporters complained that San Diego's pass defense was too weak. What did Fiedler do against Jacksonville or New York(NYG)?

Originally posted by Oliver

Fiedler was benched because he strggled and the team lost. No I don't believe he's injured.
. . . .
I hope that clears things up for you!

Oliver...

You are deluded if you believe Fiedler was not injured. It seems to me that there is no point in going any farther than this until you get back in touch with reality.

Originally posted by Jimmy James

You are deluded if you believe Fiedler was not injured. It seems to me that there is no point in going any farther than this until you get back in touch with reality.

Funny I think you're deluded if you think Fiedler is hurt. It's funny how that works. :D

Yeah, reality, I see your point. My goodness.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Oliver

Funny I think you're deluded if you think Fiedler is hurt. It's funny how that works. :D

Yeah, reality, I see your point. My goodness.

Oliver...

Let's just see who would be involved in this little conspiracy you're brewing:

Jay Fiedler
Brian Griese
All the other players
Wanny
Norv
All the rest of the managment
The team doctors
Jay's agent
Brian's agent
The NFL itself (they get upset when teams monkey with the injury reports)

I haven't heard anyone outside of you suggest he wasn't injured. I haven't even heard anyone suggest he is being eased back into action and was really ready to go today.

There is no way that Jay would be playing 3rd string QB if he weren't hurt in favor of having Sage "Untested in the NFL" Rosenfels as the backup. What if Griese was hurt? Sage would have to play. That doesn't help the team.

If the team wanted to bench Jay for performance reasons, they had every right to do so by acting in a straightforward manner. Suggesting that they're making up an injury is quite frankly the most ridiculous football-related idea I have seen this year.

Answer this carefully if at all. I'm about to label you a troll and ignore you.

Jay is really injured, but he will never play for the Dolphins again because of his mediocre performances on the field. He will not get his job back when he is healthy unless Griese gets hurt. If that happens, I would rather see what Sage could do with the offense.

That's quite a joke. Playing Griese past the second Fiedler is ready to go back into action is just inviting the musical chairs situation. Right now, we have a backup playing because the starter is hurt. If Jay goes to the bench, that's one change made due to performance. If Griese struggles and you have to go with Fiedler, that's a second change. If you put Fiedler in when he's ready, then put Griese in if struggles you have only made one change due to performance.

Like I said before this game, it's okay to think Griese is the answer. It's just not okay to make disingenuous arguments to support your opinion.

Are you running for office? Your posts don't make any sense and belong in a political forum.

With all of that said, I have seen nothing out of Griese that makes me believe he is more qualified to start than Fiedler is. Fiedler can escape the rush, so I think he has to be the answer given the sieve that is our line these days.

Can Fiedler escape the interception?

By the way, more than 82% of posters disagree with you.

Originally posted by Dolfan02

Can Fiedler escape the interception?

By the way, more than 82% of posters disagree with you.

You're actually resorting to a popularity contest to decide what is right and wrong now? Guess what -- most football fans don't like the Dolphins. Does that make liking the Dolphins wrong? I have the integrity to stick to my opinions no matter whether they're popular or not. I would whole-heartedly suggest that you do the same.

BTW, I don't think you want to use Fiedler's history of interceptions to bolster your support of Griese. He has had his own struggles with turnovers (including interceptions). The big difference is that Griese is more likely to fumble than Fiedler is.

I'm flattered by your suggestion that I belong in politics. If I ran for office, would I have your vote? :D

I don't think that Griese is the second coming of Marino, but I know that he is a better QB than Fiedler for the Dolphins. He fits the system better and has more potential than Fiedler does. We've given Fiedler everything he needs to be successful and he failed. 0-2 last year when he needed to win just one more game to capture the AFC East. Nice winning percentage there. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

^this is coming from a guy who predicted Fiedler to go to the PRO BOWL. :lol:

Anyways, Griese should start. Isn't Tennessee's pass defense ranked low? Perfect oppurtunity for Griese to pick them apart.

Fiedler on the other hand, has so and so games against weak pass defenses. You Fiedler supporters complained that San Diego's pass defense was too weak. What did Fiedler do against Jacksonville or New York(NYG)?

Yeah coming from the guy who wanted the Dolphins to take a look at some potential FA QB who could be an upgrade over Fiedler this past offseason.Griese is not an upgrade over Fiedler.

Back
Top Bottom