Merged: Source: Jags plan to pay QB bonus/I don't buy it!!!!/Interesting.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Source: Jags plan to pay QB bonus/I don't buy it!!!!/Interesting..

Correction Phinstigator, the presence of Laveraneous Coles AND Taylor Jacobs makes Gardner (who some Skins fans lovingly refer to as 'Stone Hands') expendable.

The Redskins definitely have a glut of WRs and the Jags need WRs.

Originally posted by PhinstiGator
There is also a story on the radio that the Jags would accept a straight up player trade. The name mentioned was Rod Gardener...but, I don't see the skins getting rid of him. Although, having Coles does make Gadener a bit more expendable when we have a draft loaded with WR talent.

What? The Skins tried dealing Gardner for a 1st last year, and he had a much less productive year in 2003. The Skins have Laveranues Coles who's a Pro Bowler. They have Taylor Jacobs who has the potential to be a star, and should be atleast a good #2 or #3. They have Darnerian McCants who proved to obviously be more of a possession receiver than Derrius Thompson, and he's a great #3. They also still love Cliff Russell who they picked in the 3rd round of 2002, and this guy runs a 4.2, but was very raw. I think they also have Pat Johnson, who's a speedy #3/better #4 type receiver.

It's not a secret that Jacksonville needs a receiver. Jimmy Smith is aging and Kevin Johnson is no more than a #2 WR. Rod Gardner fits in there nicely.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Gardner (who some Skins fans lovingly refer to as 'Stone Hands') expendable.

His hands are so damn much like Talmon Gardner's, it's unbelievabe.

Back
Top Bottom