Merged: Surtain?/Surtain and Bum Knee/Surgery Set For Surtain | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Surtain?/Surtain and Bum Knee/Surgery Set For Surtain

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Reaction score
Surtain?

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I was at the scrimmage in Nashville, and I couldn't help noticing that Surtain wasn't playing. I don't remember reading about any injuries to him...anyone know what the deal is on this?

Also I have some pictures from the scrimmage...do you guys want them uploaded, or is it old news since most of you saw it on T.V.?

He tweaked his knee. Nothing serious. Just held out like the other guys with small injuries.

TE Marco Battaglia (sick), DT Tim Bowens (rest), DE Rob Burnett (knee), WR Chris Chambers (hamstring), FB Deon Dyer (groin), WR Oronde Gadsden (ankle), LB Morlon Greenwood (hamstring), G Jamie Nails (shoulder bruise) and CB Patrick Surtain (knee) did not participate in Saturday afternoon scrimmage against the Titans at The Coliseum. FB Sedric Irvin left the scrimmage early with a left hamstring strain. FB Rob Konrad was excused from today’s practices for personal reasons. DE David Bowens remains on the Active/NFI list

from http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=2810

Just saw this on Jason Cole's page.

Q. Jason, I keep seeing how Patrick Surtain isn't practicing because of a knee problem. Is his injury serious??
Chris, Dalmatia, PA 8/04/03

A. Long-term, yes. He should be OK for the next year or two, with proper rest.
Jason Cole 8/04/03

:eek:

Discuss.

In two years, that would make him 28. Too early to lose a step. No, he can't. I won't allow it.

Well i remember Drew Rosehaus saying Surtain has a degenerating knee meaning that his knees are getting worse and worse. He also said that will cut Surtain career short..I almost cried when I heard that..

Well for the next three years lets not waste time and win the super bowl..

Big O, on Wqam just reported that Surtain may require surgery. The Dolphins are talking to doctors on the best way to treated.. They may have to scope, drain or surgery..My, My...This knee has been acting up since the Pro-Bowl and I'm starting to get worried..

Too early to jump ship and believe he will have problems, but let's just hope not. .

Surtain with a lost step is still a top 10 CB ;).

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
Well i remember Drew Rosehaus saying Surtain has a degenerating knee meaning that his knees are getting worse and worse. He also said that will cut Surtain career short..I almost cried when I heard that..

Drew is so trustworthy though, isn't he? ;)

Surtain and Bum Knee

Anyone surprised how casual the media is in not making the Surtain knee injury into a story? With the news coming out now the signs are pointing to the phins knowing of this condition for a long while now.

Do you guys think Fletchers growth is now of some importance as he may be needed to replace Surtain in a few years? Going to be interesting since the Phins only extended Surtain through 2005.

This has kinda been a shock to me cause I have thought we were set for another 5-6 years at the starting corners and now we here that Surtain may only have a few years left total.

Definately an issue that will have to be watched as corners definately need a couple years grooming and Madison won't be all that young in a few years.

I had no idea about Pat's knee. It sucks, and I hope he plays as well this season as last.

Van-

Where are you getting these medical reports? ... I didn't know Surtain's knee was serious!! What is the injury?

Back
Top Bottom