MERGED: T.O. Skips Bills Voluntary Workout | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: T.O. Skips Bills Voluntary Workout

Failing to to see the problem or intentionally ignoring it? I think the latter. Are you seriously going to pretend that TO has no issues? That his personality isn't a major problem? That his attitude sucks? There are so many things wrong with this guy and all Bill fans want us to do is stand around going, "ooooo, ahhhhhhh, it's TO the, greates football player ever" simply because he signed with the Bills?

Stop it, the guy has enormous talent no one is denying that, but his age, the team he now plays for and all the baggage he carries is far more of a problem than his diminishing talent can make up for. Sure the Bills are better, but are they 25 year old TO better? Hellllll no!

Don't forget Randy Moss is in the division and no one if falling apart in fear of him. TO is better than anyone you now have, but is that saying much? Not really. The Bills have far more issuses than TO can solve, you desperately need a new coaching staff foremost. And Trent better not make a mistake, cause TO will destroy any confidence Edwards may have.

Why do you always rant about everything? It was a simple question.

A lot of players don't attend offseason conditioning, that's why I don't see the problem.

The problem I do see is that the media makes things a lot bigger which can be a distraction.

I hope he chooses to show for OTA's when they start in a month. Players have missed OTA's though.

I guess I'm failing to miss what the problem is?

Are you guys saying he wont be in shape?
Owens destroyed the 49ers, Eagles and Cowboys. He had a poor attitude in those three stops and it was always about him. Which in turn destroyed the locker room and the team's were set back. Now, he is getting shot #4, and instead of trying to change his ways and prove he can be a team player, he tells the team he isn't showing up unless it is mandatory.

Most players who are getting another shot would go out of their way to show up to all these extra meetings and practices. Being the type of person he is, he should not only be showing up for these offseason activites, but he should be doing extra work and trying to prove something to the coaching staff.

Take Pennington for example. This is his first offseason with the Dolphins, and he is showing up and doing things that the team is not even asking him to do. He shows that he is committed and wants to not only improve himself, but the entire team.

Pennington gets it, Owens does not.

Owens destroyed the 49ers, Eagles and Cowboys. He had a poor attitude in those three stops and it was always about him. Which in turn destroyed the locker room and the team's were set back. Now, he is getting shot #4, and instead of trying to change his ways and prove he can be a team player, he tells the team he isn't showing up unless it is mandatory.

Most players who are getting another shot would go out of their way to show up to all these extra meetings and practices. Being the type of person he is, he should not only be showing up for these offseason activites, but he should be doing extra work and trying to prove something to the coaching staff.

Take Pennington for example. This is his first offseason with the Dolphins, and he is showing up and doing things that the team is not even asking him to do. He shows that he is committed and wants to not only improve himself, but the entire team.

Pennington gets it, Owens does not.

What is there to destroy?

Compare this to our new center Jake Grove. The week after signing, Grove was working out in Davie BEFORE voluntary workouts.

If I were a Bills fan this TO news would make me uneasy to say the least.

Oooooooo noooooooooo! TO, like most vets isn't going to come to voluntary crap. If he doesn't come to the mandatory stuff in shape, I'll be mad, until then, whatever, he's doing nothing wrong.

People, and ESPN like to make problems when there currently isn't one.

Compare this to our new center Jake Grove. The week after signing, Grove was working out in Davie BEFORE voluntary workouts.

If I were a Bills fan this TO news would make me uneasy to say the least.

He's 35, and has a personal trainer. When has TO's shape, or worth ethic ever been an issue?

It's his attitude, I don't see a problem with this. It's VOLUNTARY conditioning. He isn't the only vet not there.

Stop trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

The confidence of your quarterback, the chemistry of your lockerroom, need I go further?
If Edwards has his confidence "destroyed" by T.O., than he doesn't have what it takes to be a starting NFL QB. He doesn't need to be coddled like a baby, give him the weapons he needs and see if he has what it takes or not.

This team has had great locker room chemistry for the last nine years and has NOTHING to show for it. This team doesn't need more "Marv Levy high-character" guys, it needs more talented football players. Who would you rather have starting at WR next to Evans, T.O. or Josh Reed? Give me T.O. any day of the week.

I'm not saying T.O. is the answer to all of the team's problems, because there are a lot more things that need to be fixed before this team becomes a contender. But there is absolutely nothing to lose. Anyone that thought this team has something good going has no idea what they're talking about, it finished last season 2-8 for god's sake! This team has to take risks to improve. The worst that happens is T.O. leaves after one year and Jauron is fired. Oh, how horrific!

I personally don't have an issue with T.O. missing the voluntary workouts since his fitness is never an issue. However, the media coverage is fair game because all of the **** he's started in the past.

He's 35, and has a personal trainer. When has TO's shape, or worth ethic ever been an issue?

It's his attitude, I don't see a problem with this. It's VOLUNTARY conditioning. He isn't the only vet not there.

This has nothing to do with his physical shape. It has everything to do with his attitude. It is foreshadowing, and speaks volumes about his commitment.

Answer me this. How many vets on the Bills that were signed after the season aren't there???

Oooooooo noooooooooo! TO, like most vets isn't going to come to voluntary crap. If he doesn't come to the mandatory stuff in shape, I'll be mad, until then, whatever, he's doing nothing wrong.

People, and ESPN like to make problems when there currently isn't one.
That "nothing wrong with that" attitude is the same blind faith Cowboy and Eagle fans had when Owens went to their respective teams.

Trust me, this is definitely not good news.

I think their point is that TO is a veteran player who, with a new team, would be wise to start bonding with ASAP, b/c of his past history with other teams.

Sure other players won't be there but they aren't TO.

Why do you always rant about everything? It was a simple question.

A lot of players don't attend offseason conditioning, that's why I don't see the problem.

The problem I do see is that the media makes things a lot bigger which can be a distraction.

I hope he chooses to show for OTA's when they start in a month. Players have missed OTA's though.

Rant? Oh, you mean pointing out the facts? Sorry it bothers you, but I love how the Bills do so many things wrong.

I guess I'm failing to miss what the problem is?

Are you guys saying he wont be in shape?

Considering T O's past,,, if he would have showed up to the voluntary workouts then maybe his multitude of critics would have backed off him a little bit..

T O is a great football talent with the mind of a 10 year old. I find it amusing that some of you billy fans think that just because he is now in a goat uniform anything that he does or says just doesn't matter...:rolleyes2:

LOL!

Marino1983

Considering T O's past,,, if he would have showed up to the voluntary workouts then maybe his multitude of critics would have backed off him a little bit..

T O is a great football talent with the mind of a 10 year old. I find it amusing that some of you billy fans think that just because he is now in a goat uniform anything that he does or says just doesn't matter...:rolleyes2:

LOL!

Marino1983

I sure haven't said everything is fine with T.O., I just don't see the need to create a problem out of nothing.

Im more worried about his relationship with Trent Edwards, not will he show up to lift weights. His relationship with Trent will be great until that 1st game in NE. Then we will see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom