Merged: Ten Observations From The Game/The View from the Bottom of the Glass | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ten Observations From The Game/The View from the Bottom of the Glass

Re: Re: Ten Observations From The Game

Originally posted by Da 'Fins

I agree with all your comments. Good points. I would say this:
1) The OL is this team's achilles heel. If we had a decent OL, we'd be 6-1 or better and we'd be SB calibre.

2) Griese should start next game on that performance. Although, when the opposing D is expecting pass, the OL is looking very shaky in pass blocking as well as run blocking.

3) ST's are bad. Especially kickoff return. It's horrible. Wanny's buddy is terrible. So to with his friend who is the OL coach. Dave needs to get a better handle on that.

4) Olindo needs a session with Doug Blevins. Rehire the guy no matter how much it costs! In other games, he's been slicing the ball too much. Last night, he played for the sliced and then proceeded to hit two hooks. One barely made it, the other missed. He is clearly off mentally and not in a groove. I think it's a problem that requires more than just a week of kicking.

5) The coaching still is problematic. Sometimes the play calling was decent, but there were still too many obvious runs on 1st and 10 and we were left with too many 2-11, 3-9 situations.

I agree with most of your comments, except for the first one. We would be 6-1 if Mare could hit a field goal. But, the O-line does suck.

Anyway, I think you nailed the Mare thing now that I think about it. He was playing the slice. I also think you are right on on the the coaching. Before the game all the analysts were claiming the Dolphins always run on first down. I'm sure the other teams can figure that out too. If we want to pass, we need to pass on first down.

I agree too. We are way too predictable. The teams know what we're going to do too much. Let's mix it up a little.

Back
Top Bottom