Merged: The John Beck Value Thread | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The John Beck Value Thread

What is John Beck's trade value?

• 1st rounder

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • 2nd rounder

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • 3rd rounder

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • 4th rounder

Votes: 54 19.8%
  • 5th rounder

Votes: 62 22.7%
  • 6th rounder

Votes: 63 23.1%
  • 7th rounder

Votes: 35 12.8%
  • no trade value at all

Votes: 22 8.1%

• Total voters
Nobody expected much from a rookie in a dire situation except to hold onto the ball and not fumble snaps, to be able to take a drop without tripping and to throw the ball downfield with some velocity, all of which didn't really happen. Beck had 10 games to get some confidence and looked lost, Henne had five games and looked like a future star for us.

Beck then had a full offseason and 2nd training camp and still couldn't finish ahead of a rookie. Let us know what leads you to believe that Beck has a shot at doing anything in this league.

Cleo Lemon was able to lead the same offense you claim to be the worst situation ever for Beck and Cleo is not a very good QB. I guess that excuse only works for Beck but nobody else talk about an invalid excuse!!!

Cleo had starting experience in the NFL, he was far from a rookie. He understood how to move in the pocket and buy a few more seconds due to his previous experience. Cleo was also with this team and had experience working with Cam Cameron form his days in San Diego. I think there was clearly an advantage in playing time for Cleo over Beck. But you go ahead and look for any little thing you can to keep the hate.:rolleyes2:

don't be surprised to see Beck move to the forefront of the stable in 2009:
his arm is as strong as Henne's & Beck throws with more precision & accuracy
very intelligent, excellent character & knows how to compete
when he's given the chance to play with receivers that actually catch the ball, a consistent quality running game & an offensive line, he just may step up. 2009 could be a decisive year for the stable.

Let them compete. May the best man back up Pennington.
Competition-The Elixir Of Success!

Cleo had starting experience in the NFL, he was far from a rookie. He understood how to move in the pocket and buy a few more seconds due to his previous experience. Cleo was also with this team and had experience working with Cam Cameron form his days in San Diego. I think there was clearly an advantage in playing time for Cleo over Beck. But you go ahead and look for any little thing you can to keep the hate.:rolleyes2:

Funny thing is I don't hate Beck, I'm just spelling out the reality of the situation. Your love for the guy has blinded anything negative about him which your first reaction is always to say everyone hates Beck who doesn't share your love for the guy! So you go ahead and love the boy and keep telling yourself he never got a fair shot whatever keeps your hopes alive.

Funny thing is I don't hate Beck, I'm just spelling out the reality of the situation. Your love for the guy has blinded anything negative about him which your first reaction is always to say everyone hates Beck who doesn't share your love for the guy! So you go ahead and love the boy and keep telling yourself he never got a fair shot whatever keeps your hopes alive.

I don't love the guy, I just think it's idiotic to trash the guy becsue he didn't light up the NFL as a rookie on a team that ended the sesason 1-15. Anyone who believes any QB could be given a fiar chance in a situation where the offense was missing so many key peieces a coach who was fired after just one season has to have hate. How else can you explain coming to a conclusion about a players ability based on those facts? Hate is the only logical explination.

Ya know, Trent Green and Cleo Lemon were also QB's on that team, they combined to go 1-11 on the same team, both had more experience and both failed miserably. Yet Beck is the only one of the three being judged on that season and he had the least experience of the three QB's infact Trent started the season as a Pro Bowl level QB with a healthy team and couldn't win a damn game, but Beck is suposed to come in and win with a team that was 0-10 or else he sucks? Ignorant logic, right down the line.

I'm not nor have I ever made this about Beck, it could have been anyone, you can't conclude anything about a player, good or bad based on five games. Look at AJ Feely, the guy played on a team that went to the NFC championship and he played very very well when McNabb broke his ankle, he comes to Miami and plays like crap. For 5 games AJ looked good enough to earn a 2nd round pick in a trade, but he comes to a team that wasn't a playoff team and he played awful. He was judged on five games and look where it got us.

FTP trying to reason with some of the clowns on this forum is a waste of time. If Beck won the SB next year these same people would still hate Beck and call it a fluke. Give it up.

when he's given the chance to play with receivers that actually catch the ball, a consistent quality running game & an offensive line, he just may step up. 2009 could be a decisive year for the stable.

:lol2:

Beck will never succeed in Miami. Too many of our players have proven they act like 13 year old girls. They quit trying when Beck steps on the field. I am sure that disgusts BP, Ireland, and Sparano. Unfortunately, it is the truth. The best thing for everyone involved is a trade.

I don't love the guy, I just think it's idiotic to trash the guy becsue he didn't light up the NFL as a rookie on a team that ended the sesason 1-15. Anyone who believes any QB could be given a fiar chance in a situation where the offense was missing so many key peieces a coach who was fired after just one season has to have hate. How else can you explain coming to a conclusion about a players ability based on those facts? Hate is the only logical explination.

Ya know, Trent Green and Cleo Lemon were also QB's on that team, they combined to go 1-11 on the same team, both had more experience and both failed miserably. Yet Beck is the only one of the three being judged on that season and he had the least experience of the three QB's infact Trent started the season as a Pro Bowl level QB with a healthy team and couldn't win a damn game, but Beck is suposed to come in and win with a team that was 0-10 or else he sucks? Ignorant logic, right down the line.

I'm not nor have I ever made this about Beck, it could have been anyone, you can't conclude anything about a player, good or bad based on five games. Look at AJ Feely, the guy played on a team that went to the NFC championship and he played very very well when McNabb broke his ankle, he comes to Miami and plays like crap. For 5 games AJ looked good enough to earn a 2nd round pick in a trade, but he comes to a team that wasn't a playoff team and he played awful. He was judged on five games and look where it got us.

I based my points on 2008 you sir are living in 2007... Everyone already knows Beck wasn't ready for 2007..., we know he got a bad deal..., so move on to 2008 already..., oh it's already 2009... Let's move on to 2009

I still don't understand people saying that the team quits when Beck takes the field...how would you even know that? Training camp reports? The 1 pre-season game? If it is true that the team quits when Beck gets on the field, I'd say his leadership SUCKS!

I still don't understand people saying that the team quits when Beck takes the field...how would you even know that? Training camp reports? The 1 pre-season game? If it is true that the team quits when Beck gets on the field, I'd say his leadership SUCKS!

You know it's a conspiracy "they hate the Mormon" yeah right..., that is the biggest load of crap...!!!!!!!

QB Young didn't light up in Tampa..., it had little to do with his faith... Young later went to a good to great situation in SF... he had success had nothing to do with his faith...

First impressions mean a lot... are they purosely not catchig the ball and risking getting "cut" by the soft-hearted BP & Sons I think not...

Beck is still young enough to get another chance... Lemon did... even Brock Berlin is still kicking arouond the league somewhere...

Definately. When people just pretty much quit on you, it's not so much a reflection of them, it's a reflection of the quarterback's inability to lead.

nonsense:

let them continue to develop & compete on a level playing field.
no need to anoint a DanMarinoSuccessor this early in the process.
both are equally talented & #2 picks, why rush to judgement?
I don't care who emerges in the final analysis. I just say let it play out.

Pennington is our starter, there's no reason to rush to judgement.

Beck did get a fresh start and as you can read didn't win or lose to Henne.

There lies the problem. Beck should have beaten Henne out given the extra experience, and time to get familiar with the players / speed of the game at this level. Just the pure fact that Beck wasn't able to seperate himself from Henne, is a huge knock on him. In fact from my chair, Henne always looked better / more comfortable than Beck from that start...

Considering Beck wasn't drafted by this coaching staff and Henne was, that's pretty significant.

WOW!! :rimshot:

I think it's funny how you say I'm living in 07 when the Beck haters are the ones basing their opinions on Beck 's future, using 07 stats.

I don't hate Beck, and I'm not using his 07' stats as a means of knocking his value. I don't have to, he's already done that himself with the way he / himself has failed to perform since being drafted....

I don't have to use any stats at all. Just watch him play!!.....:chuckle:

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

I based my points on 2008 you sir are living in 2007... Everyone already knows Beck wasn't ready for 2007..., we know he got a bad deal..., so move on to 2008 already..., oh it's already 2009... Let's move on to 2009

2008? Henne played a few snaps in the Arizona game, other than that there was no 2008 for anyone excpet Pennington...Sir! So you have no 2008 to base anything on for any QB excpet Pennington.

There lies the problem. Beck should have beaten Henne out given the extra experience, and time to get familiar with the players / speed of the game at this level. Just the pure fact that Beck wasn't able to seperate himself from Henne, is a huge knock on him. In fact from my chair, Henne always looked better / more comfortable than Beck from that start...

WOW!! :rimshot:

I don't hate Beck, and I'm not using his 07' stats as a means of knocking his value. I don't have to, he's already done that himself with the way he / himself has failed to perform since being drafted....

I don't have to use any stats at all. Just watch him play!!.....:chuckle:

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

you can use his 08 preseason stats as well, that look just as impressive as his 07 stats. Considering he threw about 10,000 balls in the offseason, and worked solely with david Lee, he should have gotten better.

Back
Top Bottom