[MERGED] The Latest NFL Free Agency and Draft News | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] The Latest NFL Free Agency and Draft News

Very little in there about Miami except this:

There is no doubt that Jim Zorn is a quarterback guru, but most of his offensive assistants are ex-running backs, and there isn't one of them, including Zorn, who has ever called plays in a NFL game. You can also bet that veteran QB Todd Collins will check out both Miami and Atlanta to gauge those teams' interest in him as a stop-gap starter now that Zorn has pledged his allegiance to Jason Campbell.

I really want Chris Long. He has played in Bills system and has made himself a top 5 pick in it after 4 years of it. I wouldn't mind Jake but I will be disappointed if we pass on Chris.

Very little in there about Miami except this:

and this:

"Nobody believes that Bill Parcells will draft Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan with the first overall selection, but that doesn't mean Ryan won't go in the top five. That scenario seems unanimous among coaches and scouts here, and with the Falcons selecting third overall, they should have a difficult time passing on Ryan. Of course, the two safest picks remain Virginia's Chris Long and Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long, who has wowed everyone with his performance. The only knock on Jake Long is that he may be a better right tackle than a left tackle. Both Longs are high character, no-nonsense young men. Yes, the Dolphins need a quarterback. How about Delaware's Joe Flacco in the second round?"

I think the days of hoping Flacco would be there at 2b are long gone. After his combine performance and what I'm sure will be an impressive pro day - we'll be lucky if he's around at 2a.

I'm more of the thought we get big with oline and dline early, but if he is there with our first second round pick - it would be tempting.....

hmm

Joe Flacco is the next BIG BEN ROETHLISBERGER

better prospect than matt ryan or next years brohm?

also, im curious...we spent a 2nd last year on a qb. why not give him a chance? i understand qb is a pressing need ( outside of the unknown skill of beck ), but so is lb,cb,s,ol,dl,and wr.... can we REALLY afford to use the 32nd pick in the draft on another QB(regardless of arm strength and potential) so early in the draft? and if so, why not use a 1st( no ttalking #1 overall, but a trade down type scenerio) on a guy that has proven he can play with the BIG boys (ryan had some killer games dude)( for that matter, so did woodson)?

Todd Collins is appealing as a backup guy. Would give Beck competition if we think hes a keeper, insurance if he fails, and be a stop-gap if we draft a guy this year as well.

I think Flacco is certainly receiving quite a good amount of hype, but Im just not sold. Hes got an arm yeah, but not quite the body of work some of the others have.

Even if Beck is our future we may not start him this year. If our FO thinks Beck has what it takes they will develope him the right way and not throw him to the lions too soon. Our new QB coach along with Bill and co. went through 3 QB's while developeing Romo.

I think the days of hoping Flacco would be there at 2b are long gone. After his combine performance and what I'm sure will be an impressive pro day - we'll be lucky if he's around at 2a.

I'm more of the thought we get big with oline and dline early, but if he is there with our first second round pick - it would be tempting.....

Flacco will be there late 2nd 2b

IMO Henne, Ainge, and Booty not to mention Woodson could all be developed into franchise QB's in the right situation. However, I think Josh Johnson is better than any of them and also may be a better prospect than Ryan and Brohm. I say stick with Beck though. That Johnson kid has ridiculous stats and he was the real shrine bowl MVP IMO. He has it all and was developed by Jim Harbough before he went to Stanford to coach.

I read in that article that the Jets want to really pursue Alan Faneca. That would suck big time if we don't get him and the Jets do.

The Juiciest Offseason Rumors

I saw this article up about the latest rumors following the combine, but it also involves the free agency period when it opens. Of note to the dolphins, are the stories on bill parcells passing on matt ryan and what the jets are willing to do for steelers guard Faneca...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7837770?MSNHPHMA

Back
Top Bottom