Merged: The main reason why I think Ricky is clearly staying. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The main reason why I think Ricky is clearly staying.

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
If we were to trade Ricky, I think Saban only does it for at least a 1st. If a team is going to pay that high a price, they have to make sure they are getting their "money's worth". Didn't Ricky say upon coming back that he would only play for 2 years? I believe he also said that he had 2000 yards in him (I may be off on this number but he did specify how many yards). If so, that would mean the team would only have him for 1 year or at most 2. I see Ricky finishing this contract, and heading off into the sunset barely to be heard from again.

phinfan2003 said:
If we were to trade Ricky, I think Saban only does it for at least a 1st. If a team is going to pay that high a price, they have to make sure they are getting their "money's worth". Didn't Ricky say upon coming back that he would only play for 2 years? I believe he also said that he had 2000 yards in him (I may be off on this number but he did specify how many yards). If so, that would mean the team would only have him for 1 year or at most 2. I see Ricky finishing this contract, and heading off into the sunset barely to be heard from again.

Its plain and simple, Saban should keep Ricky at all costs unless its a first rounder. I would even give up JT for a 1st.

You wouldn't seriously give up Jason Taylor for a 1st round "untested in the NFL" rookie would you? Yikes! Keep Ricky, and please, please don't even think of trading Taylor!

I know everyone on this board thinks we should keep Ricky, but I really don't think that is the plan. I think Saban is thinking long term rather than short term and long term Ricky has no value to us unless we trade him. Ricky is getting older for a RB and makes the league minimum. That won't last too much longer. Ricky's value is pretty high right now and I think Saban will capitalize on that and get us a draft pick that can help us for the future.

sports24/7 said:
I know everyone on this board thinks we should keep Ricky, but I really don't think that is the plan. I think Saban is thinking long term rather than short term and long term Ricky has no value to us unless we trade him. Ricky is getting older for a RB and makes the league minimum. That won't last too much longer. Ricky's value is pretty high right now and I think Saban will capitalize on that and get us a draft pick that can help us for the future.

amen, finally someone that agrees.....:D

Dakota FinFan said:
You wouldn't seriously give up Jason Taylor for a 1st round "untested in the NFL" rookie would you? Yikes! Keep Ricky, and please, please don't even think of trading Taylor!

I love JT but for a first would hard to pass up (two firsts actually).

LOL

AquaAssasin said:
Its plain and simple, Saban should keep Ricky at all costs unless its a first rounder. I would even give up JT for a 1st.

:shakeno:your talking about one of the most versitile players in the leauge. Saban even said hes one of the best athletes hes ever worked with. The chances of gettin a player like him with that first is unlucky at best.

sports24/7 said:

Ricky has no value! Are you smoking crack? Did you see him last year when Ronnie went down. This is actually Value. Ricky is still a dominate runner paired with the fact that he is cheap.

Why would we want trade a player that can contribute at that level..

Seriously think about it!

sports24/7 said:
You're right, Saban is trying to capitalize on Ricky's comeback, but to say he has no value to our team other than a trade is selling him short. I think Saban is perfectly happy with going into next season with both backs if he can't get a high enough draft pick that has as much value or more than the value he gets from having what amounts to a pro-bowl calibur running back position that never gets tired (i.e. two backs spelling each other) no matter how many times you pound the rock...each guy can carry 15 to 20 times and not even get tired legs...plus there's the value of having a very good backup plan in case of an injury (see last three games of 2005)...Saban is in the drivers seat with excellent leverage...he will wind up with a good situation no matter what...the WORST that could happen, assuming he sticks to his guns like he did with Surtain, is that we keep RW for another year...OH NO!!!

MDFinFan06 said:
:shakeno:your talking about one of the most versitile players in the leauge. Saban even said hes one of the best athletes hes ever worked with. The chances of gettin a player like him with that first is unlucky at best.

Yeah, but like saban said! Any player can be traded if the price is right. As much as I hate to say it, hes right.

id trade ricky for a 3rd round or better..... whoever is the highest bidder....

Eric-Honduras said:
id trade ricky for a 3rd round or better..... whoever is the highest bidder....

man, im glas your not the Gm..Thats way toooo low. Hes worth more than that.

I dont care what people say about edge or shaun..Ricky has alot of miles left and he can bang it out with the best..

In_Flames said:
amen, finally someone that agrees.....:D
I believe that Saban he's trying to make a push for the playoffs, which I also believe thats what we all want. If we can establish this point, why you wanna trade RW, which is the best offensive player we got? Ronnie he's going to be good, but at the moment Ricky he's better.

AquaAssasin said:
Ricky has no value! Are you smoking crack? Did you see him last year when Ronnie went down. This is actually Value. Ricky is still a dominate runner paired with the fact that he is cheap.

Why would we want trade a player that can contribute at that level..

Seriously think about it!
Sorry that came out wrong. I mean long term he doesn't have much value. In a couple years he is going to want a raise and will be in his 30's. I would hate to see him go because him and Ronnie make one hell of a backfield, but thinking long term it may be better for the team to get a high draft pick for him now while we still can.

StLouisFinFan said:
You're right, Saban is trying to capitalize on Ricky's comeback, but to say he has no value to our team other than a trade is selling him short. I think Saban is perfectly happy with going into next season with both backs if he can't get a high enough draft pick that has as much value or more than the value he gets from having what amounts to a pro-bowl calibur running back position that never gets tired (i.e. two backs spelling each other) no matter how many times you pound the rock...each guy can carry 15 to 20 times and not even get tired legs...plus there's the value of having a very good backup plan in case of an injury (see last three games of 2005)...Saban is in the drivers seat with excellent leverage...he will wind up with a good situation no matter what...the WORST that could happen, assuming he sticks to his guns like he did with Surtain, is that we keep RW for another year...OH NO!!!
Yeah, I totally agree. I just stated that wrong. I should have said he doesn't have much value long term.

Back
Top Bottom