Merged: The Spark / Positive Spin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Spark / Positive Spin

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
The Spark

Guys, what is wrong with you? How could this even remotely be a bad move? Dan marino is NOT our GM. He's not going into a GM position with the future of the franchise in his hands, trying to blindly navigate salary cap waters. Spielmen is a fine GM, he's spotted great talent and kept us in good cap position from year to year and helped build a team of great players.

And yes, we DO have great players. Remember this "window" that everyone has been talkig about? The facts are we're not getting the job done. We have the talent, but we're lacking a "spark" on offense. What better to rejuvinate this team than making marino a part of it?!

Marino will be there to stop stupid decisions. Brining Spielmen in as a GM is the ONLY thing I can see anyone having a problem with, and that's STILL a stretch to dislike. Spielmen has brought in a great cast of players, and has followed Wanny's marching orders to a tee.

You think he's in bed with Wanny? yeah right. A few weeks ago HE was going to take the fall for wanny. Remember? Spielmen our Sarcificial lamb? With Wayne deciding to stay with Wanny, Spielmen was supposed to be on his way out, and it was NOT fair. He had friends from other teams calling him telling him it was BS and that he would have a job down the road if he needed it.

Through the past few years, Spielmen has brought in great players, and watched Wanny underachieve. He has made great draft decisions, and watched Wanny override him. Consequently Wanny is kept, and ti looked like HE would take the fall.

That doesn't breed good bed time manners people. Spielmen is here for the franchise, not Wanny. He FINALLY has the power to pick players that he wants, without Wanny interfering.

All the while Wanny can COACH this team. He's not a bad coach, we got blown out once this year, but most of the other games were close, and it's questionable if it was a failng of coaching or play by players. 10-6? He shouldnt lose his job. Wayne took away his responsibility for getting players, as he SHOULD have.

And watching over this all is THE man. Dan marino was the most proilific player in franchise history, possibly the best QB ever in the NFL. He wants this team to win, and has no blind loyalty to anyone but the dolphins. He won't let stupid picks happen, he KNOWS offense, and what it takes to get done. His offensive mind, coupled wtih Spielmen's judging of talent can make a great team.

Long story short, support your phins. This is a bold move that could be that tiny spark that we need. It's a good move. Things HAVE changed.

Positive Spin

I dont know if this article was posted and if it was... i apologize. But i really think this article gives an optimistic view on this whole situation. True im one of those "optimistic fans" with "agua and teal colored glasses" but i can be realistic as well. Either way she has a great point... many of them.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/7696417.htm

Linda Robertson is the genius that said that the Miami Hurricanes should change their name because it offends Cane Victims.......She is a total moron.

Originally posted by Section126
Linda Robertson is the genius that said that the Miami Hurricanes should change their name because it offends Cane Victims.......She is a total moron.

That doesnt change the fact that it is a good article and she is right in this instance.

Back
Top Bottom