Merged: This is very encouranging about Gadsden / What Gadsden Brings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: This is very encouranging about Gadsden / What Gadsden Brings

finman006

4th qtr. clutch
Reaction score
what does gadsden bring

1st downs...and really thats what we've been starvin for. means more time of possession and more time to hopefully put some kind of pffense together. man i really hope the old OG comes to play and quickly too.

You hit the nail on the head, when I saw the topic I immediately said to myself......First downs!!!

Yeah.....he may be old and slow but at least he catches the ball, something most of our receivers have a problem with.

What did Gadsden bring?

A "crutch" for an ineffective offense to lean on.

I doubt he'll bring that now.

This may be a bad example but....

Am I the only one that watched the Chicago Bears last year?

The entire football world knew their QB couldn't throw over twenty yards due to injury.

With Jay.......It's essentially the same scenario WITHOUT injury.

This is very encouranging about Gadsden

from the Sun Sentinel Article:

Physically, wide receivers coach Robert Ford said, Gadsden was "the smallest he's been in about four years." Gadsden reported to camp in July over his listed weight of 215 pounds and then suffered a dislocated foot one week later that eventually led to his release after an injury settlement.

"Everything we threw in his direction was caught," Ford said after Wednesday's practice.

He can still catch!

Gadsden has the skills to exploit one on one matchups that were left out there in the Ravens game.. Griese or Fiedler can just lob it up there and Gadsden usually comes out ontop.. Just ask Fiedler..

I think OG really stands for Over-sized Gloves.

Originally posted by ZOD
The entire football world knew their QB couldn't throw over twenty yards due to injury.

With Jay.......It's essentially the same scenario WITHOUT injury.

You're slightly wrong in this analysis.....Jay CAN throw over twenty yards.....just don't expect the pass to be accurate.

That is very encouraging. I really hope his precence (sp?) give this offense the boost it needs. I feel good knowing most of our injured players are going to be back in the end part of the season. Maybe our "Nov-Dec Swoon" changes this year! Shoot everything else has!

The guy might have been out of football for a while, but some things you don't forget. Catching is one of them. Right now, we sorely need his good hands.

"We haven't seen that in a long time," receivers coach Robert Ford said. "I think the 'Big O' is a little hungry. Everything we threw in his direction was caught. We threw one ball out there that caused him to strain and you got some oohs and ahhs out of it, but to him it was no big deal."
-Palm Beach Post

Back
Top Bottom