MERGED: Thomas and Taylor full quotes / Audio Interviews | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Thomas and Taylor full quotes / Audio Interviews

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
Alot of articles out of south Florida today used snippets of Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor quotes. I found this article that seemed to find a way to use their entire quotes. :rolleyes:

http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROOM/sportstoryS0801DOLPHINS.htm

I found the two quotes to be the most relevant to the players feelings on the Ricky issue..

Jason Taylor
"I kinda understood where he was coming from, wanting to find happiness or whatever. The next day, I was made to look like an idiot when the whole marijuana thing came out," Taylor said. "To set the record straight, I did not at all, in no way support illegal drug use of marijuana -- whatever it may be -- and that was really a disappointment to me to hear that, to see that.

"When I did the story, that is not what I was speaking about. I was talking about the life choices and wanting to find happiness. But in no way do I support drug use. That's a whole other story. I'm not even going to get into it, but that's real disappointing."

Zach Thomas
"I like Ricky and it's a tough game. It definitely hurt the team. I was just disappointed when he came back through a writer and was kind of dogging us and other players about the whole offense," Thomas said. "That's tough. That's not Ricky's personality. He already hurt us enough. The thing is you look back when we lost (quarterback Dan) Marino, the best player of all-time. We moved on, right? That's the way we look at it.

"But with Ricky, bringing out the masking agents and putting a question mark on all the guys in this locker room when he's using that and saying there's all kind of guys (doing it) just to justify his mistake? It's wrong. That's one of the many things I didn't like. . . . You need to face it yourself and be professional. If you're using a writer to hurt the team, that's tough. Marino wanted to play another year, but he didn't come back and bad mouth the team. That's professional. That's why everyone has respect for Marino, the best player. Nobody thought we could move on (without Marino). We're going to move forward."

Here's another article...that's got a little bit of the same flavor...link

Man.....Zach is P*ssed!

Every writer in the room saw this---> :fire:

Dolphins linebacker Zach Thomas' eyes swelled up, almost watering from frustration, and his face turned red talking about Williams' vengeful remarks.

inFINSible said:
Here's another article...that's got a little bit of the same flavor...link

The Fiedler comment :lol:

"You know coming in you're going to asked about Ricky," Fielder said. "I guess it's better than being asked the other inevitable questions."

:roflmao:

It's now my new signature. :lol:

Good to know that Fieder has a sense of humor. :lol:

Another one I found interesting.

And it's Thomas' opinion that Williams retired for the pure fact that he was going to be busted for using marijuana and didn't want to face the consequences.

Honestly, you could use 50 quotes from this article. It's rich.

Also, I read the one in the Herald where JT said he felt like an idiot for standing up for Ricky....then the 3rd positive test breaking out the next day.

ZOD said:
Alot of articles out of south Florida today used snippets of Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor quotes. I found this article that seemed to find a way to use their entire quotes. :rolleyes:

http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROOM/sportstoryS0801DOLPHINS.htm

I found the two quotes to be the most relevant to the players feelings on the Ricky issue..

Jason Taylor

Zach Thomas

I loved JT's response.

Even the most outspoken for Ricky have now realized what Ricky's retirement was really about.

TerryTate said:
Stage 1...Denial....

Stage 2...Shock....

Stage 3....ANGER (<--we're at this one :) )
Please tell me stage 4 is superbowl championship. :D

they deff gots tha cool quotin..! i can wait til seson strt!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom