Merged: Universal Draft Hits the Sun Sentinel | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Universal Draft Hits the Sun Sentinel

CK,

Just read some of you're write-ups on Universal Draft; Love the pieces on Taylor Price and Jerry Hughes.

Thank you. I personally thought I had a pretty good one on Jeremy Williams. We've got plenty more coming. Boomer's got ones on Taylor Mays and Jason Worilds in the works, and I've got a video up on Sean Weatherspoon that Richard was going to take on.

This week my big project is to do a nice video feature on the Shrine Game that ties in with observations I and maybe others had made during the week of Shrine practices. Next week I believe the plan is for me to do a roundup on the Shrine Week for the Sun Sentinel.

I wish there was a way we could acquire another 4th rounder. I'm not ready to give up Ginn, Porter won't get us a 4th.. Maybe Bell? I think a draft of McClain in Round 1, Worlids in Round 2, Taylor Price in Round 3, Troup and Jimmy Graham in Round 4 wuld pay huge dividends for the future

Brandon Graham is going to make me eat any disaparaging words about him.

Is he less than Lamarr Woodley because he lacks the same explosive, savvy hands and body flexibility?

Or is he greater than Lamarr Woodley because he has speed and strength (though not hand explosion, two different things IMO) that Woodley never dreamed of?

If senior bowl practices are any indication, seems to be the latter.

Nice man. I am going to look at the Williams one now. Price in Round 3 seems logical. I see a little Miles Austin in him

Miles Austin? Interesting comparison. I did a lot of athletic calculations back in the day so trust me when I say that I know Miles Austin to have possessed extreme size-adjusted athleticism amongst his class...but even with that, we're talking about like a 6'4" or 6'5" dude that runs a 4.5 versus a 6'0" guy that runs a 4.3 and so it's an interesting choice of comparison. What do you see in him that reminds you of Austin?

Brandon Graham is going to make me eat any disaparaging words about him.

Is he less than Lamarr Woodley because he lacks the same explosive, savvy hands and body flexibility?

Or is he greater than Lamarr Woodley because he has speed and strength (though not hand explosion, two different things IMO) that Woodley never dreamed of?

If senior bowl practices are any indication, seems to be the latter.

the latter...and i think he uses his hands better than he's given credit for...

he looks like a guy to me that won't make it out of the top 25 maybe top 20...and in any trade back scenario in round 1 someone i would REALLY target

The success of guys like Woodley and Dumervil have paved the way for Brandon Graham to go as high as his athleticism, production, medical history and interview ability guide him to go. If he's banging on all four cylinders I wouldn't expect him to fall out of the top 15.

The success of guys like Woodley and Dumervil have paved the way for Brandon Graham to go as high as his athleticism, production, medical history and interview ability guide him to go. If he's banging on all four cylinders I wouldn't expect him to fall out of the top 15.

i can see that...heck with it...i keep trying to move him down some...i'd take him over earl thomas and jerry hughes...

bryant
mcclain
b graham

I don't view his hands to be explosive. I don't see him rocking decent offensive lineman (read: not Western Michigan) back with a punch.

ok...i can understand that statement...while graham doesn't rock tackles with an initial punch that the likes of sergio kindle or jason worilds do they don't exactly sustain pressure either after the initial contact...

graham i would us the term has active hands and is more a pure lower body power and leverage player and while he may not rock a tackle he gets up and under a tackle like few i've seen off the edge...and damn relentless...sustained pressure

Price's ability to get open and get yards after catch just make me think of Miles Austin. I been watching a lot of Antonio Bryant and Miles Austin just in case we make a push for either of the guys. There is a swagger about Price that is similar to that of Austin as well.

I think what CK is trying to say is that Graham lacks that initial burst that you see in say a Demarcus Ware. As you pointed out Graham's strength and use of hands are his strong traits not his burst off the football

Back
Top Bottom