Merged: Vince Young | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Vince Young

Young has some mad skills, but I don't want him. If he was smart, then he would stay another year to work on his throwing and how to become a more complete QB. But one team will risk it all and draft him to play QB and lead them down the road. I highly doubt that he will start his rookie year because he isn't ready to play against an NFL defense yet.

The more QB's that come out and are available in the draft the better for us .. Not necesarily saying that we should draft him, just saying that it allows for more options. The combines should make the decisions a little clearer

I could live with him too considering that any QB we draft probably will not start for most of next year anyway. I would rather have his teammate Michael Huff. This guy Huff can flat out play and could be the next great Corner in this league. I'd like to see Huff and Poole as our Corners for years to come. Daniels will be moved to FS and will be a helluva FS for us.

If he comes out I don't think we'd get a shot at him anyway, but he'd push another good player down...maybe Cutler? If we do get a shot at Young and Nick takes him then I'm with Nick...he hasn't let us down yet so why not trust Nick on this too?But again, I think he'll be gone top 10 if he coems out and we'll be drafting 15 or 16 imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

nando03 said:
I could live with him too considering that any QB we draft probably will not start for most of next year anyway. I would rather have his teammate Michael Huff. This guy Huff can flat out play and could be the next great Corner in this league. I'd like to see Huff and Poole as our Corners for years to come. Daniels will be moved to FS and will be a helluva FS for us.
I know you like Hoff but he's a tweener and I don't think we'll take him with our top pick...same with Jimmy Williams.Nick should not take a guy that's good at 2 position but might not be great at either.

Ozzy rules!!

If I was drafting in the top 5, I wouldn't take Young. He's too raw as a passer. In the mid-teens though, I'd jump all over him. He's a phenomenal athlete who showed tremendous improvement in his passing ability over the last year. His upside is huge.

Admittedly, I haven't seen a whole heckuva lot of Vince Young other than Sportcenter or College Gameday highlights to form a legitimate opinion of him. The one thing I have noticed is that he led the nation in passer effeciency. Why is it then, that people continue to label him as a glorified running back. Am I missing something. I hope I'm not being overly sensitive. But I see a recurring theme... Omar Jacobs, Chris Leak, Vince Young. The vast majority of the posters here seem to shoot these guys down and say they suck for a myriad of different reasons. Or maybe it's just me. :confused: :confused:

it affects everything, unfortuantely. hopefully has a really good combine/really bad combine so he either goes way ahead of us or way below us. i'll take cutler at 15, please

Danny said:
I know you like Hoff but he's a tweener and I don't think we'll take him with our top pick...same with Jimmy Williams.Nick should not take a guy that's good at 2 position but might not be great at either.

Ozzy rules!!

Huff is a whole lot less of a tweener then Williams. People are really hot on Williams which would leave Huff available towards the middle of the round. Huff is a playmaker and has proven he can make the plays at CB. He has more speed then Williams which is better suited to play CB. I have read lots about Huff, and everything I have read tells me that he will be a shutdown corner. However no matter what we take there is always a chance that he will be a bust no doubt. this guy has all the tools though. He reminds me of Ronnie Brown last year. Someone that didn't get lots of hype like Cadillac but posseses all the right things you want for his position in the NFL.

Edit: Oh, and Nick seems to like guys that can play 2 positions well. Lets take Travis Daniels for instance. He is a FS playing CB right now. I think he will get moved to FS next year. Nick likes players similar to that of a guy named Bill. B. Guys who can play multiple positions well are assets to your team. But like I said, Huff will make a terrific Corner.

phinphan4life said:
Admittedly, I haven't seen a whole heckuva lot of Vince Young other than Sportcenter or College Gameday highlights to form a legitimate opinion of him. The one thing I have noticed is that he led the nation in passer effeciency. Why is it then, that people continue to label him as a glorified running back. Am I missing something. I hope I'm not being overly sensitive. But I see a recurring theme... Omar Jacobs, Chris Leak, Vince Young. The vast majority of the posters here seem to shoot these guys down and say they suck for a myriad of different reasons. Or maybe it's just me. :confused: :confused:

No I like Leak in say the 4th or 5th round (he's staying in school anyway). Jacobs, I think is also staying in school coulddevelope into something special. I wouldn't mind drafting Young...BUT NOT IN THE FIRST ROUND. I just do not like his side-arm delivery, That's all.

Chris Leak is another big armed QB who has a lot of talent but has yet to do the msot important thing- learn to lead his team to victory and to really win games. He hasn't progressed at all since his freshman year, and he's not a guy I would trust in an NFL offense. Vince Young is different, if only because he knows how to lead a team.

We would have to trade up for Vince young from where we are drafting now. I think there is a very good chance we use our first on Jay Cutler. Definately if we keep winning. Our draft position keeps going down and his keeps going up. Seems pretty certain to me.

How many people have actually seen Young play in more than a handful of games, and how many are basing their opinions of what others say in these forums as well as opiniated sports talk shows?

I have never seen Young play, and already I am worried that if we drafted him he would not be a good enough QB, and I get this opinion on what otherrs have said. Guilty as charged I guess.

So anyone have any real evidence by observation on Youngs passing abilities?

Back
Top Bottom