Merged: Wannstedt Shows He's Tired/did anyone see | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Wannstedt Shows He's Tired/did anyone see

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Reaction score
Wannstedt Shows He's Tired

I just finished watching the Press Conference, and Dave looked like a defeated man. In his opening statements, his attitude was one of a guy who looks like he knows his job is done.

He talked about how "he was encouraged by the play of the Defense and Special Teams" and how we " just need to get ready to play the Eagles"

You can just see it in his face, and this was the first time he was outright irritated at the questions which were posed to him.

At least I didn't hear him say "we are going to get it corrected"

I wonder if Dave even WANTS to coach this team next year?

I've been thinking about this and its time we get rid of this Dallas-Miami connection...it did not work when Jimmy came in...its not working now...and it will not work if Norv takes over the HC job here if Wanny gets fired.

Best case scenario...Jimmy takes the G-men job...Wanny gets fired and Jimmy calls his boys back and Wanny and Norv follow Jimmy...yeah!!!

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
I think he wants to be here next year. He just wants an offense that will put up some kind of points.

He has nobody to blame but himself for not upgrading the O-Line he said he would upgrade in the offseason.

I think he wants to be here next year. He just wants an offense that will put up some kind of points.

Well who is at fault for having the type of offense we have?

Wannstedt has had 3 years to put the pieces in place, and he has failed to get this team going anywhere.

Originally posted by dreaded34

He has nobody to blame but himself for not upgrading the O-Line he said he would upgrade in the offseason.

Well put because that is his demise.

Originally posted by dolfan87

Wannstedt has had 3 years to put the pieces in place, and he has failed to get this team going anywhere.

The only reservation I have about the eventual termination of Dave Wannestedt is that 3 years is not that long in football developement years. Three years means that he's had 3 chances to upgrade.

I would say give him another year if I was not sure that the first or second draft pick of 2004 would be a defensive player with Dave at the helm.

I'm 100% sure of it.

Originally posted by ZOD

Well put because that is his demise.

I have said it before, he had the brilliance to recognize the weakness after a season where you had a 1800 yd rusher but the stupidity not to do anything about it. Makes me sick!

It burned my *** all throughout the post season and I kept asking myself why you would make the statment that the O-line was the weakest piece and sit on your hands and it burns my *** now when I see the O-line being the reason they lose.

He deserves what he gets. Unfortunately for us and the team it has been a waste of time.

Wayne should show he is serious and fire his *** right after the Eagles game if they lose.

This season is Wannstedt's 4th. He's had 4 years to upgrade this team, particularly the offense.

I'm watching/listening to this press conference right now.

This guy is downright pathetic.

That's the public face of a leader?

If we miss the playoffs, I think Wannstedt will probably resign. If we go to the playoffs but get knocked out early, Wannstedt will get fired.

Either way, Wannstedt has done nothing to help this team. We get worse and worse every year with more talent. Well, maybe we are little better than last year, but right now his two best seasons were his first two. This guy is just an awful football coach. He seems like a nice guy and all, but he just doesn't get the job done/

If Jimmy goes to the Giants, and takes Wanny and Norv as his coordinators... woo... they will be tough as hell... I think Dave would be an awesome DC, but... as a HC he isn't very good... but, we've talked about this before.

this is HIS offense, these are HIS players...this offense bears no resemblance to the offense wanny inherited.

Back
Top Bottom