Merged: Wannstedt will not return as Phins coach! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Wannstedt will not return as Phins coach!

BillsCAfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Wannestadt will not return as Phins coach!

The reason why I think he will be let go is because I don't like buying into this suspense crap the team is buidling up. Honestly, if he was to return, why make the more guy wait it out, and why make the fans wait it out.

If they wanted to retain him, there should be no reason why they wouldn't say so NOW! But if they were to let him go, they would hold off till the season is over, so he's not a dead man walking, well not officially anyway.

I think will be gone.

I also see a great similiarty between the Phins and Bills. It will be an interesting offseason for both teams. Both underachieved when they were seen as playoff/super bowl contenders. Both will be looking for new blood at the helm to change things around.

Any ideas of who might take over when Wanny is gone?
I think it will be Coughlin, or Denny Green, especially if they give him the power Wannestadt had.

Wanny is as good as gone!!!

Like most of you I've been wondering what Wayne's decision is. By not coming out and saying Dave will remain head coach, has he decided to fire him? Or is he not saying anything because he plans on keeping Dave and hiring a GM and doesn't want to say anything because it will cause the stadium to be either empty today or full of VERY angry people?
There are some excellent articles today in the Miami Herald, Palm Beach Post and Sun Sentinel. And by reading all of them I've come to the conclusion that Wanny is gone. I think his biggest mistake and the one that has sealed his fate is his blaming the high expectations this year on the media. I mean that is just about the lamest excuse the Excuse King has ever come up with. We all know he is well liked by many but he just blew the one friend that is the most important to have...the ones who will pick you up when you are faultering, as they have done so many times this year. The Media. I think Wayne knows that Wanny has lost Dolfans but now he's lost the media and they can make your life a breeze or a living hell. If he came back for a lame duck year he'd have a lot more to overcome with the media not having his back.
Now all those little stories are coming out in full force again. The ones about players laughing behind his back. The ones about players not fearing him. The ones about him blaming everyone but himself for the teams failures.
And all of this talk about bringing in a GM makes no sense. It would if we didn't have talent but look at this team. Nobody can say they are worse than the team 4 years ago that went to the second round. Did Dave screw up by not getting O-line help and a legit #2 receiver? Yes! But there is enough talent on this team to overcome that. A good coach can take mediocre talent and make them better thatn they really are (see Parcells) But this coach has taken a load of talent and flushed it down the toilet because he is liked but not respected.
Your time is up Dave. You've created this situation and it's time for you to face the music. This was your make or break year and you blew it again. If you were a real man be you'd resign. But we all know you won't spare yourself or the fans another embarrassing year of underachieving football. Thankfully Wayne will. Don't let the door hit you in the ***!

Maybe it's not DW that Wayne is waiting to tell, maybe it's Rick Spielman, and he wants to wait until Monday or Tuesday to let him know. We just won't know untuil it happens.

I really hope we make a coaching change. But from what I heard last night, I'm expecting Wanny to stay (with a GM) and Rick Speilman to bolt for Detriot. :(

The decision will be up to the GM that will be hired, likely Randy Mueller. Wannstedt MUST agree to do the following things:

1. Lose all personnel power within the organization.
2. Fire Keith Armstrong and Tony Wise.
3. Under no circumstance does Jay Fiedler return to this team.

I don't think another GM will retain Wannstedt. His coaching style lacks aggressiveness, his teams have historically regressed under his leadership, the players mock him, there is no accountability, and his teams underachieve.

There will definitely be a GM. And hopefully he brings in another head coach. The next few weeks should be interesting to say the least.

It's gonig to be a crazy offseason.

I think you guys are right. Maybe Wayne doesn't fire Wanny but he'll hire a new GM and let that GM decide if we need a new coach (which I'm sure he will). That way he absolves himslf of the situation.

ESPN's Mortenson reports not only will Wannstedt be retained as HC, he be given a contract extension.

Mort does this stuff all the time, he's got a 50\50 chance at being right, so he's either a excellent NFL insider or his source was wrong either way he wins. that's why he always starts by saying "sources have it that..." it absolves him of any miss information.

Back
Top Bottom