Merged: Wanny will be back next year?!/Wanne retained | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Wanny will be back next year?!/Wanne retained

Dreads-4-Prez

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Wanny will be back next year?!

Here is a quote from ESPN.com stating that Wanny could have his job saved because he is a proven winner.

"The "proven winner" scenario theory might also save a couple of jobs. It could keep Marty Schottenheimer in San Diego and Dave Wannstedt in Miami. The problem in any year in which there is a lot of head coaching turnover is filling out the list of candidates. Five should never be a problem. When there are six-to-nine openings, it's altogether different."
John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com

I think that if Miami fires Wanny, they better go out and get a premier replacement. Phin fans are sick of years like this!

Could this really happen?

Wannstedt is not a proven winner. He has been to the playoffs 3 times in 8 years of coaching I believe and he has a career record of 79-79. This team has gotten worse each year since he became coach, in his first year we got to the second round of the playoffs, then we got to the first, and then we missed the playoffs, and it looks like we will miss the playoffs again. Wannstedt is gone. He has done nothing this year to prove that he should be allowed to keep his job. He has done a horrible job.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Wannstedt is not a proven winner. He has been to the playoffs 3 times in 8 years of coaching I believe and he has a career record of 79-79. This team has gotten worse each year since he became coach, in his first year we got to the second round of the playoffs, then we got to the first, and then we missed the playoffs, and it looks like we will miss the playoffs again. Wannstedt is gone. He has done nothing this year to prove that he should be allowed to keep his job. He has done a horrible job.

I'm just hoping that John Clayton has heard anything that we haven't.:confused:

:( it's sad to say this but here goes.......i've supported Dave and Fiedler for years now...but man this sux ***....Wanny doesn't look capable of taking us to the Superbowl and neither is Fiedler. I'm tired of him throwing those 4th quarter interceptions to ruin the game man....get them out of there. There are better coaches out there this season........

Folks, what the excerpt is really saying is that in an environment where a bunch of NFL coaches are fired at the same time, it could be less risky to keep a coach who has a winning record than fire who you have and hope you'll be able to pluck a winner out of the chaos.

Trasnlation: if you want Wanny to go, you'd better start hoping no more coaches are fired.

Dave is not a bad coach, but a change may not hurt us, what about Dan Reeves, is he burnt out, if not he is the best out there he took the Atlanta Falcons to SuperBowl, not to long ago and is the only coach to beat GB in GB in the playoffs, the guy is the next best thing to Don Shula, Atlanta got there with a team similar to the one we have now good D, and power running. It would take us years to get a real passing attack, so why not get a couple of years out reeves and the team we have.

Originally posted by philyphin
... Dan Reeves ... took the Atlanta Falcons to SuperBowl, not to long ago and is the only coach to beat GB in GB in the playoffs, the guy is the next best thing to Don Shula ...

Whoa, whoa, whoa ... good buddy. Just because Reeves did all that one year does not mean he's the "next best thing to Don Shula." Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I didn't say he was better than Shula, but he is the second winningest coach behind Shula I think. therefore the next best thing. Denver went to a few Superbowls with him to if I remmember correctly.

Of course Dave is a proven winner. He took a 11-5 team with a few defensive pro bowlers and turned it into a 9-7 or 8-8 team with 10+ probowlers. What about that does not say winner?:confused:

Guys, you have to remember it is not just the number of Jobs that open up, it is the attractiveness of the Job. Miami and Atlanta are the top 2 jobs IMO. We have a great owner and a solid nucleus. Atlanta has Vick. The other Jobs have Negatives that outweigh the positives. Arizona, Oakland, NYGiants, etc......these jobs are not as attractive as the Miami Job.

The fact that Miami would be the #1 coveted job even over Atlanta has already been documented in an article posted earlier. HC Agents said so, and I have no reason to doubt them... we'll get one of the top candidates, I'm sure. Rest assured... Wanny is gone.

Article: "Coach Under Fire" in the Miami Herald today:

A source who has recently spoken to former Minnesota coach Dennis Green and current LSU coach Nick Saban said Tuesday that in conversations about the vacancy in Atlanta, both men indicated they might be more interested in coaching ``a little further south.''

Re: Wanny will be back next year?!

Originally posted by Dreads-4-Prez
Here is a quote from ESPN.com stating that Wanny could have his job saved because he is a proven winner.

That's just a typo. They meant to say Wanny is a proven WIENER.

madcow disease...that's music to my ears...will nick saban that is not dennis green.

Back
Top Bottom