FLACRW

Starter
Reaction score
Warner to Cards..

Cards agree to terms with Warner
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
The Arizona Cardinals today announced that the team has agreed to terms with free agent quarterback Kurt Warner on a one-year contract. In accordance with club policy, terms were not disclosed.

Warner is expected to arrive in Arizona on Tuesday to officially sign the contract and will also be introduced in a press conference that day.

The 33-year old Warner (6-2, 200) has authored one of the greatest success stories in NFL history. After first playing in the Arena Football League and NFL Europe, he went onto star for the St. Louis Rams and was twice selected as the league’s Most Valuable Player (1999 and 2001). A three-time Pro Bowl selection, he was also named the MVP of Super Bowl XXXIV by leading the Rams to a win over the Tennessee Titans.

After spending the 1998-2003 seasons with St. Louis, he played last year with the New York Giants. In 10 games (nine starts) with the Giants, he completed 174 of 277 pass attempts (62.8 percent) for 2,054 yards, 6 touchdowns, and 4 interceptions. The former Northern Iowa product has appeared in 63 games (59 starts) over his seven seasons in the NFL and has passed for 16,501 yards and 108 touchdowns. His completion percentage of 65.9 (1,295-1,965) is the highest ever in the NFL and his quarterback rating of 95.7 is second in NFL history among quarterbacks who have thrown at least 1,500 passes (Steve Young, 96.8).

“From the beginning of this process, I was looking for the best situation for myself and my family and the Cardinals clearly represent that,†said Warner. “We are very impressed with the direction the organization is headed in and couldn’t be more excited to be a part of it. Even though this is a one-year deal, I really don’t want to go anywhere else and would like nothing more than to end my career by helping the Cardinals win a championship.â€Â

Said Cardinals head coach Dennis Green, “Bringing Kurt Warner on board this fast-moving train is very, very exciting. He’s proven he’s one of the best competitors in the National Football League, regardless of position, and is one of the bravest quarterbacks ever to play the position. We coached against him in the past and have a clear understanding of how much he wants to win and his appreciation that you should expect success only if you’ve worked hard enough to get it. Kurt is one important element in building this football team that will helpus win a championship.â€Â

guess he wont be our back up..!

Kurt Warner signs with Cardinals

Just saw it on the espn news ticker...said he agreed to a 1 year deal with him. If they can protect him then he'll have a pro bowl like year but if he is getting sacked every 3 downs then hes gonna have a horrible season

Hahahahahahahahahahahah

Kurt Warner is a farce, and when are other NFL teams and fans going to realize this?? He was a 2 year wonder, a has-been, a lucky star! The man cannot play on the NFL level unless he is inside a dome...because it is the only environment that is exactly like the Arena league where the play matched his skill set.

Warner is a better fit down there anyway. With their 3 WRs, it's more of an open offense like he was accustom to in St.Louis. I would be surprised to see him put up decent numbers next year but I dont think it's out of the question. It will all depend on if he can still throw the deep ball to Boldin.

I'd be surprised to see him put up good numbers too, because he is slow and immobile, and doesn't have the arm people think he does.

With the wideouts they have there in Boldin and Fitzgereld if their line is decent and they have a RB like a Travis Henry they very well could be as potent as Warners's Rams when he took over there. They could be an NFC sleeper next year.

Buddwalk said:
I posted the same thing a while ago in the general nfl forum...

ever since you started posting youve been concerned with getting recognition for posting things first, i know youre only 16, but really. get over it.

dolfanrodney said:
With the wideouts they have there in Boldin and Fitzgereld if their line is decent and they have a RB like a Travis Henry they very well could be as potent as Warners's Rams when he took over there. They could be an NFC sleeper next year.

That's saying a little much. They had Faulk in the prime of his career and 2 pro bowl wideouts. I dont doubt the talent of Fitzgerald or Boldin, but that's saying a lot of a young team.

Where is the proof of this? ESPN has nothing on their site.. I'm not doubting you I.. I'm just.. OK.. I'm doubting you... it's just we get so much false info...

Dolphins17-0 said:
ever since you started posting youve been concerned with getting recognition for posting things first, i know youre only 16, but really. get over it.

Do we have a stalker on our hands...im not worried its just i dont see getting my self dogged when this should be in the general nfl section i dont care if i posted it first...not like its a ground breaking trade or anything just a signing that means basically nothing

it's on ESPN News.

I am having a brain fart...did T.Henry get traded to Arizona?

Schleprock said:
it's on ESPN News.

I am having a brain fart...did T.Henry get traded to Arizona?

Nah, they were close to a deal and now henrys being shopped other places seems though that arizona wants to get one of the top 3 backs in the draft than henry...we might still have a shot at him but trade talks with him have died down alot

I figure that he would. That is the only team he has a chance to be a starter.

Buddwalk said:
Do we have a stalker on our hands...im not worried its just i dont see getting my self dogged when this should be in the general nfl section i dont care if i posted it first...not like its a ground breaking trade or anything just a signing that means basically nothing

If you didnt care, you wouldnt have posted a reply simply saying you posted it first in nfl general. As for stalker, hardly, i just remember seeing all your threads on the main page anytime something happened and then them getting moved to general nfl and the mods warning you to start them there from now on. but you're right, not a big deal, just bothers me when people go fishing for credit.

Back
Top Bottom