Merged:Was Brock Marion a problem last year?/Brock Marion Lost a Step? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Was Brock Marion a problem last year?/Brock Marion Lost a Step?

Brock sucks soo much we s/have had Jerry Wilson back there :rolleyes:

seriously, he did make some bad plays, but I do not feel he was worse than Knight at coverage. Knight has no coverage skills and is slower than Brock, though he is younger. I do strongly agree Knight will play better this year without Brock and w/a guy w/better coverage skills than Brock in pass D. Run D will be the big ??? this year

Brock Marion Lost a Step?

Respected scout/writer Brian DeLucia filed this comment about Brock Marion on FoxSports.com

I believe Brock Marion brings some positive attributes to the Lions in terms of his experience and leadership ability. Marion may have lost a step or two and doesn't have the skills to match up against guys in the slot, but he's a very instinctive player who positions himself well to make plays.
The big question is whether the Lions will get the mileage they are paying Marion.

I think this article confirms what we believed all along about Brock. He is a smart, instinctive leader and gives maximum effort, but Brock has lost a step and not the cover guy he used to be, no matter what Wanny said. It was a good move to get guys like Edwards and Poole to bolster our secondary. I felt we were beat too many times in too many key games last year and Brock was part of the problem.

He was a great player and I'm grateful for the all good things he did for the Dolphins, but it was time to move on.

B. Marion was a big weakness in the secondary IMO. His lack of speed cost us last year in a few games. In the opener against the Texans, he was toasted by a rookie WR, and that TD ultimately cost us the game IMO. S. Madison was alos to blame....

In the OT loss to the Patriots, he and Madison were once again toasted for the winning TD. Only this time it wasn't a young stud WR, it was the old, and often injured T. Brown.

B. Marion will be appreciated for his services in Miami, but he will not be missed IMO. Wasn't he the guy who was stating how "we're the best secondary in the NFL" last year???...

Well, he's basically stunk over the last two seasons IMO. I'm personally very happy he's gone. The younger, more aggressive guys we've got now, will make a huge difference IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom