Merged: We'll be done with the Jets by Nov.1/Jets schedule | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: We'll be done with the Jets by Nov.1/Jets schedule

Golphindolphin

town drunk
Club Member
Reaction score
We'll be done with the Jets by Nov.1

According to this article in NY Daily News we play the Stinkin'Lousy Jets Oct. 3 and Nov. 1. Seems like it's been awhile since we haven't played against them in the last few weeks of the season. For what it's worth, here's the Jets schedule:

2004-05 Jets schedule

Date Opponent Time
Sept. 12 Cincinnati 1 p.m.
Sept. 19 at San Diego 4:15 p.m.
Sept. 26 Bye
Oct. 3 at Miami 4:15 p.m.
Oct. 10 Buffalo 4:05 p.m.
Oct. 17 San Francisco 1 p.m.
Oct. 24 at New England 4:05 p.m.
Nov. 1 (Mon.) Miami 9 p.m.
Nov. 7 at Buffalo 1 p.m.
Nov. 14 Baltimore 1 p.m.
Nov. 21 at Cleveland 1 p.m.
Nov. 28 at Arizona 4:15 p.m.
Dec. 5 Houston 1 p.m.
Dec. 12 at Pittsburgh 4:05 p.m.
Dec. 19 Seattle 1 p.m.
Dec. 26 New England 4:05 p.m.
Jan. 2 at St. Louis 1 p.m

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/story/183490p-159212c.html

omg another Monday night game with the jets.....but they have to go to st.louis in week 17.....actually there last 4 games are really tough :lol:

They have their bye week week three. I hope that doesnt mean that thats when we have our bye week.

OK, so why do we believe this schedule and not the one posted for us earlier this week, seeing as the NFL is not releasing it to the world until 5pm today??

This also means that the schedule we saw "leaked" was a phony. That had us playing the Jets on weeks 6 and 13.

Originally posted by dolphindiehard
OK, so why do we believe this schedule and not the one posted for us earlier this week, seeing as the NFL is not releasing it to the world until 5pm today??

Because one came from an anonynmous user via a message board, and the other came from an established columnist from a recognized media channel.

I wonder if our schedule is going to be that weak, I know we are in the same division so the schedule should be close, but we are playing the weakest division in football according to that schedule.

Wait a second, aren't all the schedules released at the same time? Why would the Jets sched come out before ours?

That said, I'm glad the Phins won't be travelling to NJ in December.

Assuming the New York Daily News has reliable sources, we can glean the following about Miami's schedule:

WEEK 1: At home (vs. non-divisional opponent?)
WEEK 2: On the road
WEEK 3: On the road
WEEK 4: At home (vs. Jets)

The pattern of recent years has been that teams from the same division aren't on the same bye weeks. Therefore, if the Jets' bye is week 3 and we're playing them week 4, the earliest our bye could come is week 5. (There are no byes the first two weeks of the season.)

My hunch is that one of those September road games is at either Buffalo or New England, as the league likes to bunch divisional games at the starts and ends of seasons.

So far so good...

Jets 2004 schedule.

2004-05 Jets schedule

Date Opponent Time
Sept. 12 Cincinnati 1 p.m.
Sept. 19 at San Diego 4:15 p.m.
Sept. 26 Bye
Oct. 3 at Miami 4:15 p.m.
Oct. 10 Buffalo 4:05 p.m.
Oct. 17 San Francisco 1 p.m.
Oct. 24 at New England 4:05 p.m.
Nov. 1 (Mon.) Miami 9 p.m.
Nov. 7 at Buffalo 1 p.m.
Nov. 14 Baltimore 1 p.m.
Nov. 21 at Cleveland 1 p.m.
Nov. 28 at Arizona 4:15 p.m.
Dec. 5 Houston 1 p.m.
Dec. 12 at Pittsburgh 4:05 p.m.
Dec. 19 Seattle 1 p.m.
Dec. 26 New England 4:05 p.m.
Jan. 2 at St. Louis 1 p.m.

----------------------------------------------------------------

At least we won't have to play the Jets in the snow.

where did you get this schedule from...I thought they weren't released until 5:00 pm tonight?

Back
Top Bottom