Merged: What is Sean Salisbury smokin'? / 4 Downs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: What is Sean Salisbury smokin'? / 4 Downs

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
What is Sean Salisbury smokin'?

Did ya see that? I know his opinion doesn't mean much but Salisbury was just saying on ESPN that he thinks that Miami should stick with Jay Fiedler again? Yeesh...

Oh, and in case you missed it....John Clayton said he thinks Miami should sign..surprise, surprise..Mark Brunell.

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
Oh, and in case you missed it....John Clayton said he thinks Miami should sign..surprise, surprise..Mark Brunell.

That is the first thing I have ever agreed with that Clayton has said

I have no problem with this plan as long as the rest of the story includes Miami drafting a young, quality QB in the first round. Let's face it, Brunell might be an upgrade but he's not going to be a gigantic upgrade given his recent past so, if there's someone who's getting groomed behind Fiedler I'd be fine with him staying around.

One other note here is that Miami is seriously indicating through their actions that they are planning on drafting a young QB. Why do I believe this? Because of the fact that they're in the process of hiring a QB coach, something that Miami hasn't had in a while. I may be reading too much into this but I see it as a significant, yet subtle, move.

Re: What is Sean Salisbury smokin'?

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
Did ya see that? I know his opinion doesn't mean much but Salisbury was just saying on ESPN that he thinks that Miami should stick with Jay Fiedler again? Yeesh...
Did he really?:eek:
He ain't smokin' then, he's shooting up

Re: Re: What is Sean Salisbury smokin'?

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Did he really?:eek:
He ain't smokin' then, he's shooting up

Hey, you guys are keeping Buttsoe so I'm not sure why you're talking trash; he was worse than Fiedler this past season.

Originally posted by Cranx
One other note here is that Miami is seriously indicating through their actions that they are planning on drafting a young QB. Why do I believe this? Because of the fact that they're in the process of hiring a QB coach, something that Miami hasn't had in a while. I may be reading too much into this but I see it as a significant, yet subtle, move.

Mike Shula was Miami's QB coach until Alabama hired him away late last year and they didn't try to replace him. They thought Norv could handle both duties, but I think they now regret doing that. That's why they're hiring a QB coach now. Though I think the fact Marino has been in Mobile looking and talking to QB prospects suggest they will draft one high.

Everything they have done this offseason from the wooing of Ron Wolf to the hiring of Dan Marino indicates that they are seriously considering taking a quarterback in the draft. And not just a Josh Heupel type of pick that you know can't make the team. They are going to draft one with one of their first two picks. It will either be Losman or Rivers in round 1 or Pickett/Schaub in round 3.

4 Downs

Any of you see 4 downs this morning.... Sean S thinks we should keep Fiedler at QB. But John thinks we should go get Brunell.

Seans defense was Jay wins games..... John says we need a veteran qb like brunell. What do you guys think.... even though I probalby already know lol.

Re: 4 Downs

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Any of you see 4 downs this morning.... Sean S thinks we should keep Fiedler at QB. But John thinks we should go get Brunell.

Seans defense was Jay wins games..... John says we need a veteran qb like brunell. What do you guys think.... even though I probalby already know lol.

What I think is this is just 2 more opinions from 2 more so-called paid "experts."

They all have different opinions, some turn out right, some turn out wrong....by no means are any of these "experts" right in every situation, just like us fans.

What's Ms. Cleo saying?

Frankly? I doubt it matters much.
This team won't be winning the AFC East as long as Wanny coaches us and Belichik coaches the Pats.
Huizenga has this "win now" philosophy, but the team needs to rebuild with a new coach and a new attitude. Until he bites the bullet and realizes that, we are looking at perpetual mediocrity, no matter who the QB is.

Re: Re: 4 Downs

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

What I think is this is just 2 more opinions from 2 more so-called paid "experts."

They all have different opinions, some turn out right, some turn out wrong....by no means are any of these "experts" right in every situation, just like us fans.

What's Ms. Cleo saying?

Just b/c someone from espn says it doesn't mean it has no value.... they do get some things right.

I'm not saying either of the two cases matter. But tha'ts like saying there is no point for this forum, or website... because it is all opinion.

I never said they were right in every situation.

Originally posted by Rick 1966
This team won't be winning the AFC East as long as Wanny coaches us and Belichik coaches the Pats.
Huizenga has this "win now" philosophy, but the team needs to rebuild with a new coach and a new attitude. Until he bites the bullet and realizes that, we are looking at perpetual mediocrity, no matter who the QB is.

I'm not going to concede the AFC east just b/c we hae wanny as our coach. Things can easily work out differently now that we other people focusing on personel decisions, if we get the right people in here, we can do some damage.

Originally posted by Rick 1966

I seem to remember that it already happened in 2000. In this age of Super Bowl or failure it just seems that way.

Since the Pats are in the Super Bowl this year history tells us that we should worry about the other teams in the AFC East as the rest of the league will be gunning for N.E. next year. :)

Back
Top Bottom