Merged: What is Sean Salisbury smokin'? / 4 Downs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: What is Sean Salisbury smokin'? / 4 Downs

Originally posted by Williams34Phins

I'm not going to concede the AFC east just b/c we hae wanny as our coach. Things can easily work out differently now that we other people focusing on personel decisions, if we get the right people in here, we can do some damage.

Tampa had the right people but needed a new coach with a new philosophy to take them to the next level.
I've seen teams without the best talent in the league win the Superbowl, but I've very very rarely seen a team without the best coaching do it. Only one that comes to mind off the top of my head is Barry Switzer's Cowboys.

considering how little room we have under the cap, it is realistic to think we will not sign Brunell because of money. I can see Jay starting in 2004 if:
  1. Norv Turner is still our OC
  2. we draft a QB with our first pick and obviously do not see another vet. QB as starter
  3. he re-negotiates a cap-friendly contract that pays him what the 20 somethingth best starting QB in the NFL s/b making
    [/list=1]

Originally posted by KBISBACK
Everything they have done this offseason from the wooing of Ron Wolf to the hiring of Dan Marino indicates that they are seriously considering taking a quarterback in the draft. And not just a Josh Heupel type of pick that you know can't make the team. They are going to draft one with one of their first two picks. It will either be Losman or Rivers in round 1 or Pickett/Schaub in round 3.

I'm quite sure Pickett won't get taken in the third. Right now he's projecting as a 7th rounder to UFA type. If the 'Fins don't take a QB in round one then they won't take one; at least not one that's worth a crap.

Pickett isnt worth a 3rd rd pick. I hope we stay away from him all together.

Originally posted by Rick 1966
... I've very very rarely seen a team without the best coaching do it (win the SUper Bowl). Only one that comes to mind off the top of my head is Barry Switzer's Cowboys.

I would also argue that Mike Shanahan and Mike Holmgren's limitations as coaches have become more apparent.

I'd say they're good, if not great. I'd say the same of Wannstedt. Good, but not great.

edited to include: No, I'm not saying that Wannstedt is "as good" as Holmgren or Shanahan. I am saying they're in a tier of coaches who are good enough to win, but not to be considerd "great coaches."

Re: Re: Re: 4 Downs

Originally posted by Williams34Phins

Just b/c someone from espn says it doesn't mean it has no value.... they do get some things right.

I'm not saying either of the two cases matter. But tha'ts like saying there is no point for this forum, or website... because it is all opinion.

I never said they were right in every situation.

Well....you asked what we think. That's what I think.

And you're right about just because ESPN said it, it doesn't mean it has no value. I'm just getting tired of their inedptitude overall as a major sports network. Several times, especially in the past month or so, they've been way off on a bunch of things. Point was, I don't put ANY stock into what they say. If they're right, great, if not, no biggy.

And I didn't mean it as if to also insinuate that this board or forum has no point. This board is great and its for the fans. We don't get paid to be right. Besides....there's some people on this board I'd trust more than most of the ESPN staff.

Salisbury and Fiedler were teammates in Minnesota, were they not? I think his opinion may be personally driven by a possible "friendship" with Jay.

Back
Top Bottom