Merged: What would you give for Eli Manning? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: What would you give for Eli Manning?

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
What would you give for Eli Manning?

On the Radio today I heard that during the offseason Peyton visted Eli on campus and that they threw side by side... They also said it was reported that without a doubt Eli consistently threw the ball harder and farther than his brother. Unfortunately, if we got him, he would probably get killed by our (N)O Line.

So lets just say we "knew" the O Line would be improved next year... How many wins would you give away this year to have a shot at a QB like that? Would we not have to lose the rest of our games to have a realistic shot at a player like that? Sure that sounds like crap, but maybe the only way to break this cycle of perpetual mediocrity is to LOSE MORE to get a higher draft pick... because quite frankly, that seems more realistic than winning enough to go all the way.

Do I sound negative? I'm sorry... I really DO believe its POSSIBLE Miami could turn it around... but if they lose the next 2 or 3 games, then they just might as well lose the rest, if only for the sake of getting a good number 1 pick for a change.

O-line + Griese, try to win right now. There is a "Next big thing" QB virtually every year. We've got a limited window, and we dont have the time to blow big draft picks on things we've got greater needs for.

if you could make a deal with say chicago or somethin like sam madison plus our #1 for theirs or something close liek that then you could get him but the fact is that everyone needs a QB and will do anything to get eli. the nfl is very depleleted on QB's.

I wouldn't give up everything for manning... Rethisberger is good and so isn't Rivers. but lets talk manning.

IF we got O-guns pick... and lets say it was pick #10..

We give a team (top 5 pick) who doesn't want to draft Manning O-guns pick... so we get the 3rd pick (lets just say) and another team gets 10th pick. we could offer them Next seasons 1st or our original pick. Or give them the O-gun pick, then give them a big play (like someone said a SM). BUT we must replace whoever we give. we could get Rattliff of Florida, or Will Smith of Ohio state to replace madison/O-gun.

antoher way to go is the Mike Ditka way... give up everything and hope it works.

so many situations... it just depends on what happens in the off-season.

Thanks BluePrint! Thats exactly the kind of "meat and potatoes" speculation I was looking for :)

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

IF we got O-guns pick... and lets say it was pick #10..

In that case, either Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, or Reggie Williams WILL be there. You TAKE one of those guys if they're there! If not, and Eli isn't there.. move down a couple spots and select Rashaun Woods! We can't miss the oppurtunity to get a big play receiver. Can you imagine one of those guys with Chambers and Randy? With the second pick, take a QB if a good one is there(and if you don't get Henson).

Use free agency for OL, please.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
I

We give a team (top 5 pick) who doesn't want to draft Manning O-guns pick... so we get the 3rd pick (lets just say) and another team gets 10th pick. we could offer them Next seasons 1st or our original pick.

Ahh, how can I forget about trading up? Eli would probably be the #1 option if we had two picks. I'd love to get one of the Manning's.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

In that case, either Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, or Reggie Williams WILL be there. You TAKE one of those guys if they're there! If not, and Eli isn't there.. move down a couple spots and select Rashaun Woods! We can't miss the oppurtunity to get a big play receiver. Can you imagine one of those guys with Chambers and Randy? With the second pick, take a QB if a good one is there(and if you don't get Henson).

Use free agency for OL, please.

I agree. Oline is a high priority, but we need a REAL gamebraker at WR besides Chambers even though they don't throw him the damn ball :yell:

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Ahh, how can I forget about trading up? Eli would probably be the #1 option if we had two picks. I'd love to get one of the Manning's.

agreed...manning would be good but hows this.

lets say we end up with picks 10 and 20. i say we trade whichever pick is later and SM or JT for a REALLY EARLY PICK and take either manning or rotheslinger (SP???). we need a qb for the future and what better time to get one than now! and take a WR with other early pick. the draft is deep for WR.

I'd give up my left nut.

Hell, you can have 'em both - I'm done having kids anyway. ;)

Originally posted by DolfanNJ

agreed...manning would be good but hows this.

lets say we end up with picks 10 and 20. i say we trade whichever pick is later and SM or JT for a REALLY EARLY PICK and take either manning or rotheslinger (SP???). we need a qb for the future and what better time to get one than now! and take a WR with other early pick. the draft is deep for WR.

you'd give up jason taylor?! no way.. he may not be getting sacks... but let me ask you this. how many times does the LT hold, or get false starts? he gets 1-2 a game. it's like a 5 yard sack...

i wish we had a 2nd pick and not a 3rd...

heres another option...
we trade O-guns 1st (10th lets say) then next seasons 1st AND 2nd... we trade up and get manning...

But heres the twist... we give our other first to the NE pats 2 2nd round picks, so we get BOTH 2nd round picks.

we could get Vernon Carey (OG/OT) from Miami, and get a WR...

heres what it looks like.

Round 1, Pick (1-5) Dtaft: Eli Manning
Round 2, pick (mid 15) draft: Vernon Carey
Round 2, pick 2 (late 20's) draft: Darius Watts/Keiwain Rattliff

Originally posted by Rebar71
I'd give up my left nut.

Hell, you can have 'em both - I'm done having kids anyway. ;)

would you let his brother tea bag you?

*joke* you know the lawsuit PM has...

To get Eli manning

The top team in the draft will most likely not need a quarterback. It will probably be jacksonville, atlanta or san diego if the rest of the season goes the same way. If that is the case 2 of those teams dont need a qb. Do you think it would be reasonable to trade up in the draft to get Eli? He will probably be one of the top 3 picks. all we have to do it get the pick above san diego out of those 3. We can trade someone along the lines of fletch and our first to move up.

I think it would be "reasonable" to do anything that is "reasonably reasonable" to get Eli... In other words, I would probably part with ANY "marquee" player (other than Ricky) to get him...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom