• New England Patriots

Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • New York Jets

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
steeda said:
Reminder: We won 9 games with Gus Frerotte.

What's the point? Daunte has only won at least 9 games twice in his career.

Kinzua said:
Unless Brady goes down, there's no way the Fins win the East; they simply aren't that good, especially the oline and the secondary. They get second by default because the Bills and Jets are in rebuilding mode. However, if Daunte doesn't come back, or if he struggles as he did in 2005, then the Fins will be lucky to win 6 games.

:lol:

Just like there was no way the Dolphins would finish with a better record than the Bills last year, right?

I swear...the bills fans come on here every offseason with there ****amamie predictions and guarantees, and every season they get proven wrong.

Then they just generate new ones the next offseason. It's like clock work.

Stop living in denial Kinzua. The Dolphins are an up-and-comer, whether you like it or not.

And the Bills are not in rebuilding mode. You just suck. There is nothing to rebuild.
It takes quality to rebuild with, and from the coaching staff to the roster, you have very little.

steeda said:
Reminder: We won 9 games with Gus Frerotte.

Ummmm... In case you don't understand how the NFL works, just because a team won 9 games one year doesn't mean it'll do better the next.

Your oline isn't as good, your dline is older, your secondary will still be toasted by good passing teams, and you don't have a "double whammy" running game to run the clock which means you'll have to pass more which means your team will need better QB play. Daunte Culpepper might give you that. Joey Harrington isn't likely to do so. Neither is Cleo Lemon.

DolphinDevil28 said:
:lol:

Just like there was no way the Dolphins would finish with a better record than the Bills last year, right?

I swear...the bills fans come on here every offseason with there ****amamie predictions and guarantees, and every season they get proven wrong.

Then they just generate new ones the next offseason. It's like clock work.

Stop living in denial Kinzua. The Dolphins are an up-and-comer, whether you like it or not.

And the Bills are not in rebuilding mode. You just suck. There is nothing to rebuild.
It takes quality to rebuild with, and from the coaching staff to the roster, you have very little.

Sorry, DD, but De-Nial is a river in South Florida.

1. Your oline is worse. McKinney has done so badly at center in the minicamps that he swapped with RG Hadnot. McKinney's never played RG as a pro, only LG, but there he is, the only veteran between Fat Bennie the Penalty and the Fins' starting RG spot.

2. Your dline is older. Jason Taylor is 32. Keith Traylor will be 37 in September. Guys can get old quite suddenly. Part of the reason for the Bills' defensive collapse last season was because Lawyer Milloy could no longer play the safety spot as well as he had.

3. Will Allen is a career nickel back. Maybe he's an improvement over Sam Madison, but the Giants didn't think so. Jason Allen will take some time to become a starter.

4. "Ricky and Ronnie" has become "Just Ronnie". Teams don't fear Sammy Morris or Travis Minor. Ronnie best stay healthy or the Fins reprise 2004.

5. Daunte hasn't demonstrated he's an elite QB who can lead his team deep into the playoffs despite his gaudy stats.

6. Harrington and Lemon haven't shown they belong in the NFL.

Kinzua said:

1. Your oline is worse. McKinney has done so badly at center in the minicamps that he swapped with RG Hadnot. McKinney's never played RG as a pro, only LG, but there he is, the only veteran between Fat Bennie the Penalty and the Fins' starting RG spot.

2. Your dline is older. Jason Taylor is 32. Keith Traylor will be 37 in September. Guys can get old quite suddenly. Part of the reason for the Bills' defensive collapse last season was because Lawyer Milloy could no longer play the safety spot as well as he had.

3. Will Allen is a career nickel back. Maybe he's an improvement over Sam Madison, but the Giants didn't think so. Jason Allen will take some time to become a starter.

4. "Ricky and Ronnie" has become "Just Ronnie". Teams don't fear Sammy Morris or Travis Minor. Ronnie best stay healthy or the Fins reprise 2004.

5. Daunte hasn't demonstrated he's an elite QB who can lead his team deep into the playoffs despite his gaudy stats.

I can't believe anyone hasn't killed her yet!!!!

Saban in '06 said:
I can't believe anyone hasn't killed her yet!!!!

For what? Bringing up some facts? Just because you and other Fin fans choose to pretend that these aren't serious weaknesses in your team doesn't mean that everyone else has to do the same.

The thread states "Who wins the AFC East?" Seeing that Miami was in second place by 1 win last year, and they improved their team this year, there is a really good chance that they can win the division this year! It's simple math. Most teams that win a division build up to it like they're doing. Most of the time, they do not go worst to first (although it happens sometimes, it's not the likeliest way to go about it). The Bills and Jets are both weak as of now. If their was going to be a suprise team, it would probably be the Jets if Pennington can manage NOT to get injured this year. I know the Bills were 9-7 in 2004 and then flopped, but they got rid of Bledsoe to take a chance on Losman who turned out to be a bum. The Dolphins got rid of an average QB in Frerrotte in favor of a 3 time pro bowler that has been on a few playoff teams! You cannot say that that is not improvement.

The last post is for my friend Kinzua and whoever else wants to read.

Kinzua said:
For what? Bringing up some facts? Just because you and other Fin fans choose to pretend that these aren't serious weaknesses in your team doesn't mean that everyone else has to do the same.

No...that's not really it....just because it's funny to say that!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Kinzua said:

Harrington is an insurance policy, and didnt Daunte lead his team to the playoffs in 2004? I'm not sure about jason allen, personally. Some other FH members can tell you more about him than I could. I agree that our DLine is older but we have been adding younger talent in there i.e. Channing Crowder.

I just don't see any team in the AFCE good enough to unseat the Patsies at this point. They all have holes and they all have big question marks whereas the Pats, unfortunately, seem to be reloading. I think the key to NE's success remains Tom Brady. As long as he's sound, NE has a chance, although a bad draft or the loss of key FAs could seriously change the situation, although not this year.

Saban in '06 said:
The thread states "Who wins the AFC East?" Seeing that Miami was in second place by 1 win last year, and they improved their team this year, there is a really good chance that they can win the division this year!

1 win is very deceiving, NE had the div locked up w/ about a month to go and you were out of it. At no point were you a threat to NE and they treated the finale like it was an exhibition game.

I don't think you improved personnel wise, I think you'll be better b/c it's year 2 of Saban's system but your improvement may not be reflected in the W-L column.

1 win is very deceiving, NE had the div locked up w/ about a month to go and you were out of it. At no point were you a threat to NE and they treated the finale like it was an exhibition game.

I don't think you improved personnel wise, I think you'll be better b/c it's year 2 of Saban's system but your improvement may not be reflected in the W-L column.

NE did not have the division locked up with a month to go. At the mid way point in the season, the Dolphins were just one game behind the Pats for the division lead going into there head to head match up. It was a close game that the Dolphins almost won. We had a first and goal on the 5 yard line with under two minutes left in the game, and we threw a few fades into the sunny side of the end zone. That was one game where I was not happy with Linehan's play calling. Anyway, losing that game was a two game slide. Instead of tying for the division lead, we fell two games back. That was a turning point in the season. We still kept it close though being only 2 games back with three games to go. NE did not have it locked up until week 14 when they beat Tampa Bay. After that the best we could do is tie, but NE would have won the tie breaker due to their better division record. So, NE did not have it locked up until there were only 2 games left in the season.

If you do not feel the Dolphins have improved their personnel, could you tell me which players you feel are not improvements? I already know how you feel about Culpepper so I won’t make you elucidate about him, but what about the others? ( L.J. Shelton, Fred Beasley, Will Allen, Dom Capers, Mike Mularkey, Ect……)

nyjunc said:

I see your point, but actaully we did have a chance to take first place when we played in Miami and lost 23-16 at the five yard line with about a minute left...If we had won that game, the last game of the season would've had a lot more importance!

Back
Top Bottom