Merged:Why I like Carolina.../Wanny's philosophy works | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Why I like Carolina.../Wanny's philosophy works

Gatorman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Wanny's philosophy works....

In carolina.

Power running, a journeyman QB, and a Strong D worked for Carolina.

The only difference is they are not afraid to air it out, and they have a better O line coach (hint hint)

Gator

Oh, and the patriots are not in their division (or conference)

I agree to a point, i defenitely think it is unfair that no other team in the NFL has to play 3 northern teams having to play two of them every year in the december cold. I think Norv could have solved some probs just going over the middle more instead of lame passes down sideline w/ lame straight routes. No imagination on high percentage stuff for easy first downs. I blame alot of this season on Norv turner. He simply did not come up with easier ways to get first downs. that is how the patriots win. they get first downs and keep other teams from getting theirs.

running the football effectively and great defense is every coaches philosophy.. its a sure way to win a game... its just that only a few teams can do without becoming 1 deminsional. wanny forgot that this is the NFL, and you cant do the same thing every week and expect to win.

Originally posted by Jnaledu3
running the football effectively and great defense is every coaches philosophy.. its a sure way to win a game... its just that only a few teams can do without becoming 1 deminsional. wanny forgot that this is the NFL, and you cant do the same thing every week and expect to win.

Hear hear!!!

Should be some new positional coaches with us next year too, hopefully they can have at least a little influence on scheming.

GatorMan, you made a good point. It is worth pointing out that the big difference between Carolina and the Finz, not necessarily in game-planning, but in execution.

For the most part when Carolina needed their players to execute, they blocked better, ran better routes and caught passes, kicked better, threw passes in the vecinity of the receivers, and their defense plainly tackled better all game long...

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Why I like Carolina.....

.....and it's not just because they're playing the Patriots (although that certainly doesn't hurt). It's because they play exactly the way the Dolphins were built to play, only they are winning more. Suffocating defense, ball-control smash-mouth offense, and a QB who makes enough plays to win the game (and can actually throw the ball down the field). I think Carolina has a really good shot to win in two weeks, in fact I think they WILL win.

Carlina is the Phins w/ a good OL

It's easier to air it out when you have a good QB, a great OL, and solid WRs. We have none. :(

Norv would love to put the ball in the air.

The Panthers are a better version of the Dolphins, because they have a real WR corps. I like their chances as well. The Dolphins showed everyone how to beat the Pats. Well, right up to the point where Mare missed TWO game winning FG's!

Oliver...

I think Tennessee also showed it. They just caught the rough end of the stick on a buncha calls and made a few bonehead plays, else they had 'em.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan
They just caught the rough end of the stick on a buncha calls

To say nothing of the back-to-back muggings of Marcus Pollard at the end of the game yesterday, yet of course no flags were thrown. I understand that the officials want to "let the players play", but you have to call it when the player isn't even allowed to get off the line of scrimmage. Seems like most of the teams that have lost to New England have had their chances to win. Carolina will take advantage.

Originally posted by DolphinzD

To say nothing of the back-to-back muggings of Marcus Pollard at the end of the game yesterday, yet of course no flags were thrown. I understand that the officials want to "let the players play", but you have to call it when the player isn't even allowed to get off the line of scrimmage. Seems like most of the teams that have lost to New England have had their chances to win. Carolina will take advantage.

That whole "let them play" stuff doesn't float with me and never has. If you're gonna call something during the regular season, call it in the post-season.

Its like the league is saying, "play fair to get to the playoffs, then the team that cheats the best wins."

Back
Top Bottom