Merged: Wow! Cowboys release Quincy Carter | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Wow! Cowboys release Quincy Carter

Might Parcells be thinking that Henson needs to start this season, take his lumps, and be a better QB in the end? Vinny would be the back-up, and teacher in this case. A take-a-step-back-before-you-go-forward kinda year?

How many coaches would have the guts to do this? Not many.

Then again, if Carter has been "doin' the Ricky thang" then it might just be a discipline thing and an example to the rest of the team.

Didn't they just dump Chad Hutchinson, too? Yikes.

I'd be shocked if they start Henson from day one. The guy's got, what, three years of rust on him? He needs a season on the bench and in practice.

No need for us to look at Carter. He's not any better than the guys we already have.

I think the Dolphins should consider him.The guy has a very stong arm and can mak plays with his feet.

uhm there is no way parcells is going to take a "step back". 1) it doesnt go w/ his style of coaching (look at his past teams) and 2) he was on the cusp of being a major NFC contender. there has to be something behind quincy being cut. you dont just go and cut your starting qb who lead you to a 10-6 season (take note fiedler haters).

I dont mind these threads at all. I dont know if you've noticed but we dont exactly have a definate strating QB and niether are dominating players... I feel the Quincy Carter who can run (better then Fiedler and Feeley), maybe not throw as good, but could still be a help to this team. Without a good RB Carter did what it took to get his team to the playoffs last year.

Im not saying that this is going to happen because I highly doubt any trades or pickups are going happen from now till opening day but I still feel that Carter could be a help.

minus said:
I think the Dolphins should consider him.The guy has a very stong arm and can mak plays with his feet.

you're kidding right? please tell me you're kidding. im guessing you're a fiedler hater which makes your argument even more nonsensical. you are going to bring in a qb that has skills either comparable or worse than fiedler and expect him to fight for a starting job. give me a break. and the only reason he did so well last season was because parcells is an amazing coach and put a game plan together that fit his ability. and that is why parcells is one of the best coaches the game will ever see. miami nor 20 other teams around the league have a coaching staff as great as what the cowboys have now.

thats nuts that didnt happen i dont see anything anywhere on it sry guys not happenin 4 me

musk said:
you're kidding right? please tell me you're kidding. im guessing you're a fiedler hater which makes your argument even more nonsensical. you are going to bring in a qb that has skills either comparable or worse than fiedler and expect him to fight for a starting job. give me a break. and the only reason he did so well last season was because parcells is an amazing coach and put a game plan together that fit his ability. and that is why parcells is one of the best coaches the game will ever see. miami nor 20 other teams around the league have a coaching staff as great as what the cowboys have now.

Fiedler hater?LOL.........

You must be new to the site.I can't believe someone called me a "Fiedler hater".

FinFan24 said:
Nope, not at all. This isnt as bad as Ricky, but i think its a terrible move. Fine the kid or something, not release him. I thot the Cowboys would make a fight for the playoffs this year, no im not so sure. It all depends if Vinny gets back to his old self.

Parcells is one of those guys that likes to scare the team. He ws probably happy that he could makes some noise by cutting last year's starter. Keeps the rest of the team on their toes.

Just heard speculation that Carter was busted for COCAINE!

Wasn't the Big Tuna on ESPN just yesterday saying that if the season started right now Quincy would be the man?????

Maybe it was the day before.

:eek:

Back
Top Bottom