Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate... | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate...

I would have to agree with this. Sanchez looks to be more of a playmaker and playing with more emotion while Henne is more stoic and stiff. Edge easily goes to Sanchez. You can tell that the coaches trust Sanchez more than Henne.

How do you figure?

Really? Because we were passing down within the 5 yard line. If you dont trust your QB, you don't let him try to win the game like that

Tell me about it. Our coaches don't trust Henne yet we threw the ball 3 times on the goalline when supposedly we're a power running team. Our coaches don't trust Henne yet he's attempted more passes this season than Sanchez. Some weird logic there.

Really? Because we were passing down within the 5 yard line. If you dont trust your QB, you don't let him try to win the game like that
I think the coaches did that cause they knew the jets were expecting the run AND the running game weren't working too well. IMO the phins have alot more offensive weapons than the jets but the jets put the ball in their playmakers hands while the phins seem content to run stupid plays at stupid times. Case in point, its 4th down yet Bess isn't on the field again? :crazy:
Plus Henne needs to work on his accuracy when throwing the fad routes.

Before the start of the season I was sure Henne was better. Now I don't see it that way. Right now I would have to say Sanchez has the edge.
Fact: Henne has the better arm

Fact: Sanchez has the better mobility

Fact: Henne is more safe with the ball, and will throw less picks. Mark it down that is a fact.

Fact: Sanchez is more accurate and will hit receivers in stride more often than Chad.

Fact: Sanchez has better pocket awareness.

Fact: Both seem to play better under pressure. Henne has more 4th quarter drives for the "W". but they are pretty equal here.

Like others have said, it is too early to make any definite opinions, but this is the way I see it so far. As for how I think they will end up??

Henne: somewhere between Kerry Collins and Troy Aikman

Sanchez: somewhere between Jeff Garcia and Drew Brees

I think the coaches did that cause they knew the jets were expecting the run AND the running game weren't working too well. IMO the phins have alot more offensive weapons than the jets but the jets put the ball in their playmakers hands while the phins seem content to run stupid plays at stupid times. Case in point, its 4th down yet Bess isn't on the field again? :crazy:
Plus Henne needs to work on his accuracy when throwing the fad routes.

You think we have more weapons? I honestly disagree. Brad Smith proved to be an insane weapon from them, dare I say the actual difference maker. His kick returns and wildcat first downs were the difference between a W and a L for the Jets.

Also, I'll take Keller over Fasano 10 times out of 10 as far as being a weapon. Fasano is a better blocker, no doubt, but Keller just gets open. Miami not having an athletic tight end is something we have to get used to, this regime doesn't believe it in.

But hey what does it get teams but Ws :rolleyes:

I would have to agree with this. Sanchez looks to be more of a playmaker and playing with more emotion while Henne is more stoic and stiff. Edge easily goes to Sanchez. You can tell that the coaches trust Sanchez more than Henne.

Who cares what Henne looks like? Playing with emotion has nothing to do with being a successful NFL QB. This is just your preference in what you want to see a QB. I actually like the fact that Henne is so stoic. He's never rattled.

Fact: Sanchez is more accurate and will hit receivers in stride more often than Chad.

Fact: Both seem to play better under pressure. Henne has more 4th quarter drives for the "W". but they are pretty equal here.

Henne: somewhere between Kerry Collins and Troy Aikman

Sanchez: somewhere between Jeff Garcia and Drew Brees

What? This one really came out of left field. In no way, shape, or form is Mark Sanchez a more accurate quarterback then Chad Henne. On sunday alone Henne had a higher completion rating(59.1% compared to 53.6%) while attempting 16 more throws and playing against a better defense. Stats can be misleading, but even then Henne was still putting the ball in better positions on the field while also taking full advantage of mismatches(granted, Sanchez did the much of the latter by abusing Jason Allen, though Braylon did alot of the work including taking a short pass 70 yards for a td).

Sanchez has been up and down as far as his accuracy is concerned. During week 1, he couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. During week 2, he set career highs. Meanwhile, Henne has stayed a cool 60% through the first 3 games, despite Dan Henning embracing insanity. When faced with pressure, Sanchez was pointed out as a player that fell apart or at least acted depressed. Henne has been noted as being a "robot" and remaining calm and in control(despite the MANY games that have come down to the last minute-see:majority of '09, every game of '10 so far).

Henne proved last sunday that he can take shots down field, and do so accurately. He remained poised and in control. If people want to question his upside and suggest that Sanchez has more(something i dont agree with) then people could debate that. If people want to debate who is more mobile and can make more plays on their feet, people could debate that. But dont put it down as fact something that shouldnt even be in question.
Even at there very worst, as low as they have sunk in their brief careers, Henne still outshined Sanchez(both games against Buffalo ironically enough), with Henne completing 54.8% of his passes(while throwing a td and having 3 picks) and Sanchez completing 34.5%(while throwing 0 td's and 5 picks).
For the record, because people will be freaking out and foaming at the mouth, at there very best the numbers compare as: Sanchez against New England('10) 21-30 completed/attempted passes, 70% completion rating, 220 yards and 3 td's. Henne against New York('09) 20-26 completed/attempted passes, 76.9% completion rating, 241 yards, 2 td's.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jim_trotter/09/23/quarterbacks/index.html

First was second-year Jets pro Mark Sanchez, who looked like someone had told him his puppy was missing while throwing for only 74 yards in a 10-9 loss.

During training camp this year, HBO's Hard Knocks captured a scene in which QB coach Matt Cavanaugh talked to Sanchez about displaying more of a take-care demeanor. However, Sanchez's body language appeared to be that of someone who had no interest in hearing what was being said. He fiddled with his equipment bag without ever appearing to make eye contact with the coach.

As a rookie he would go into funks on the field when the offense bogged down or he failed to make plays. His mood swings were so noticeable that this summer the coaching staff showed him video cut-ups of moments in games when he had poor body language. Then it asked him if he would want to follow that guy. The answer came back, no.

If you want to open that bag of worms, you best be ready to stay objective. Its easy to root for the guy who appears to be living it up and having fun(see: Brett Favre), but its also easy to overlook when that same guy is pouting on the sideline.

Funniest reply

"Henne seems to be a game manager type in the mold of a Mark Brunell/ Brad Johnson type. Sanchez is better on the move and seems to have a bit more touch. I see Sanchez upside in the Drew Brees/ Aaron Rodgers area."

Cmon man. You can see Sanchez has the upside of Drew Brees or Rodgers already? That's like me saying Henne is in the mold of Dan Marino. These are ELITE QB's you are talking about, I just don't see how anyone can compare either guy to 2 of the Top 4 QB's in the league.

Best Line in TGG

"Wonder what we'd be saying if that Miami DT caught that attempted dump off to LT..? I had flashbacks to Bubby Brister" -

I know - game over - Dolphins!!

One thing I'll say is this, on that second down play in the final series, when Henne scrambles directly into the line, I bet Sanchez would've scrambled through the wide open gap to the right

What? This one really came out of left field. In no way, shape, or form is Mark Sanchez a more accurate quarterback then Chad Henne. On sunday alone Henne had a higher completion rating(59.1% compared to 53.6%) while attempting 16 more throws and playing against a better defense. Stats can be misleading, but even then Henne was still putting the ball in better positions on the field while also taking full advantage of mismatches(granted, Sanchez did the much of the latter by abusing Jason Allen, though Braylon did alot of the work including taking a short pass 70 yards for a td).

Sanchez has been up and down as far as his accuracy is concerned. During week 1, he couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. During week 2, he set career highs. Meanwhile, Henne has stayed a cool 60% through the first 3 games, despite Dan Henning embracing insanity. When faced with pressure, Sanchez was pointed out as a player that fell apart or at least acted depressed. Henne has been noted as being a "robot" and remaining calm and in control(despite the MANY games that have come down to the last minute-see:majority of '09, every game of '10 so far).

Henne proved last sunday that he can take shots down field, and do so accurately. He remained poised and in control. If people want to question his upside and suggest that Sanchez has more(something i dont agree with) then people could debate that. If people want to debate who is more mobile and can make more plays on their feet, people could debate that. But dont put it down as fact something that shouldnt even be in question.
Even at there very worst, as low as they have sunk in their brief careers, Henne still outshined Sanchez(both games against Buffalo ironically enough), with Henne completing 54.8% of his passes(while throwing a td and having 3 picks) and Sanchez completing 34.5%(while throwing 0 td's and 5 picks).
For the record, because people will be freaking out and foaming at the mouth, at there very best the numbers compare as: Sanchez against New England('10) 21-30 completed/attempted passes, 70% completion rating, 220 yards and 3 td's. Henne against New York('09) 20-26 completed/attempted passes, 76.9% completion rating, 241 yards, 2 td's.

I agree. I sure haven't seen this more accurate than Henne. Henne's career completion percentage is 60.5% while Sanchez's is 56%. Sanchez has had some games where the throws weren't even close.

Best Line in TGG

"Wonder what we'd be saying if that Miami DT caught that attempted dump off to LT..? I had flashbacks to Bubby Brister" -

I know - game over - Dolphins!!

I have no clue what Sanchez was doing right there? How do you throw the ball into the chest of a DE standing 3 feet in front of you? Certainly would of changed the outcome of the game but it is what it is.

I have no clue what Sanchez was doing right there? How do you throw the ball into the chest of a DE standing 3 feet in front of you? Certainly would of changed the outcome of the game but it is what it is.

That play happens to all QB's at one time or another... we got a break he didn't come up with it... it happens...

At this stage of their careers it's too early to say one is that much better than the other... They've both shown they have the skills to make plays and they both have the potential to be special in the up coming years...

Back
Top Bottom