MergedX3: Cowher passes on New York | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MergedX3: Cowher passes on New York

Cowher is probably the most overrated coach in NFL history....he won ONE Superbowl during a year when there just wasn't a lot of great teams He had all that talent over the years and did little with it.

Exactly. An overrated coach on an overhypped team then & possibly next year.

The only reason he won the Super Bowl is because of all the Bettis melodrama. 99 times out of 100; Superchin gets outcoached by Holmgren.

As for the talent, Didn't Joey Porter just have his best season ever?

I Hope He Doesnt Go.. I Do Not Wanna Face Cowher Twice A Year. And U Know He Would Do Anything Possible To Bring Cassell To The Jets. And That Would Suck For Us.!

off topic what history exactly did chrebet make?

idk i'd have to go back to the article I stole that from and read it again lol.

I put that there because I have forgot how to put images in your signature. I took about a 6 month hiatus from message boards and basically forgot everything.
clear.gif
or something like that.

It sounds like there still is a chance he may coach the Jets, providing that Cowher can bring in his own personnel man to replace Tannenbaum. I hope he does coach the Jets.
Cowher is probably the most overrated coach in NFL history....he won ONE Superbowl during a year when there just wasn't a lot of great teams....but how many playoffs and potential SB's did Cowher let get away? He had all that talent over the years and did little with it.

You mean, sort of like Don Shula in the 80s and 90s? Except he didn't win anything...

If you want to argue that a guy that got to two SuperBowls, won one, got 9 division championships (and 10 playoff appearances) over 15 years, is NOT a good coach... Well, you better bring something else than "how many teams he let get away". Because those teams were great BECAUSE of him in the first place.

PS - No, I'm not criticizing Shula. Well, not more than usual, anyway.

idk i'd have to go back to the article I stole that from and read it again lol.

I put that there because I have forgot how to put images in your signature. I took about a 6 month hiatus from message boards and basically forgot everything.
clear.gif
or something like that.

Wasn't it most receptions by an undrafted free agent ?

Cowher/Jets

Just saw this on ESPN and realized the previous Cowher/Jets post of him not wanting to go to NY because he wants final say with personell. This article basically states his interest and the Jets being willing to restructure to get him there. The link is right on ESPN (sorry, couldn't post it bc I don't have enough posts).

Figures. I just wanted to post the other article as soon as I saw it. Should have known another article would pop up with a completely different report.

Cowher has stated that he wants the time off to spend with his family and will look to coach in 2010. I don't see him coming back to coach next season.

His family has interest around NY as his oldest daughter has another year at Princeton. If Woody gives him full autonomy and 8+ mil he will be the next coach of the NY Jests.

Back
Top Bottom