MERGEDX3: Peters to Eagles | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX3: Peters to Eagles

This is a good day for Bills fans.. The guy who gave up the most sacks for an LT, not in the divison, not in the conference, but in the NFL.. Yes, he gave up more sacks than any other LT in the league.. And he wanted to be paid $12 mill a year.. The Bills usually overpay players for poor performances(ie. Kelsay).. That's why we haven't made the playoffs in a decade.. I wish we got a 1st and a 3rd for him though, but w/e the SOB is off our team!!

as much as i hate ALL THINGS BUFFALO BILLS, they did the right thing
and they pulled off a major, no lube hosing of the eagles!

peters was the most over rated lt in the nfl and the bills new it.

---------------------------------------------------

TEA ANYONE?
Your right about him being the most overrated player in the league.. He made the probowl the past 2 years but had an "injury" in the last game the past 2 years so he couldn't play in those probowls.. Me thinks he faked them so he didn't get exposed by probowl talent..

As a Dolphins fan, this kills me but this a great trade for the Bills. Peters is WAY overrated.

I'll take it. He didn't want to be here, and I'm sick of playing games. They offered him a deal on par with Jordan Gross (top 1 or 2 LT salary) and he wouldn't take it, so he can **** off. I'll take some picks from Philly, and save the 11 mil per, they can pay it.

Hopefully Oher at #11 for us.

:lol:

So you traded him to Philly then huh?

Oher has RT written all over him to me. Plugging him in the left side is a huge risk IMO.

can't fault the Bills for doing this as Peters didn't want to be there, and they got a lot of picks. But if I'm a Bills fan I wait until after next year to grade this trade. The Bills have a history of reaching for players some work out (Donte Whitner, though he kind of leveled off) others did not (John McCargo/JP Losman).

I do feel kind of bad with how ESPN is making fun of the Bills though. I don't hate the Bills in the way I hate the Jets and Pats. I just hate the Bills because A)Berman always hypes them up and B)People always pick them to be a team on the rise when they only tease people with a couple late season runs to get to 7-9 or 8-8.

we picked up TO because we were desperate.WE got desperate to begin with because of the decisions made by this very FO that decided to get rid of one of the best LT's in the league.

The teams you mentioned have made bad moves but they've been more successful than this crappy FO. WE've made one bad move after another and we are now the ***** of the AFCE once again because of their stupid decisions.
From Billszone.com

:lol2:

From Billszone.com

:lol2:
Great.. That's one guy.. One idiot.. I bet I could find an insane member on your message boards too... One of the best LTs in the league?? How about a mediocre LT that wants to be paid $12 mill a year..

Great.. That's one guy.. One idiot.. I bet I could find an insane member on your message boards too... One of the best LTs in the league?? How about a mediocre LT that wants to be paid $12 mill a year..

Really,, insane?
Or is this just your opinion because you fail to grasp reality!
As much as I HATE the billy's,, to trade a guy that was probably as elite an O-Lineman that your team has seen since the early 90's is just plain moronic..

Anyone that even has a whisp of a clue about this game KNOWS that football is won and lost in the trenches. Yes Peters held out last season and yes if he was on my team I would be really mad that he did but I also realize that your organization is one of the most cheapest if not the #1 cheapest teams when it comes to paying for talent..

All the talk that I have read and heard that T O is going to shred opposing defenses,, hum it is going to really impossible for your team to even sniff any type of receiving advantage with him and evans while Edwards or any other stiff qb depending on the billy O-Line for protection!

Don't get me wrong I love the trade. The Eagles IMO raped your f-o without even blinking an eye.. McNabb is probably sending Wilson multitudes of thank-you cards for the pre draft gift!

LOL....

Marino1983

Well, the presumption among many was that Buffalo was ascending. I made the reference to our draft because the payoff of a pass rusher going against a division rival trying to find a LT might be greater than allowing a rookie CB to go up against TO & Evans. But who knows, really. Just a thought.

I agree, teams have to build to beat thier division rivals first, thier conference second and then the rest of the NFL. That is how qualifing for the playoffs are structured and it is how you build your team. I think run stopping is #1 priority in our division and pass rush is a very close 2nd. To me that means we should be looking to improve our front 7 as our #1 priority in this draft. We are going to be looking at a few of our defensive starters entering FA next season and we are going to have to think about if we can resign them or if we should start drafting replacements. Stopping the run and disrupting the backfield is the key to winning our division.

Buffalo is going to have to get the replacement pick right. Going into a season without a good LT is dangerous to say the least. They are weak at the QB spot to begin with. Now they may have exposed his blindside. Plus they got a "throw the ball to me" guy buzzing in his ear. Edwards is goint to have a tough season this year. Lynch too for that matter. Out for 4 games and coming back to a weakened line. The Bills are some shakey ground.

“Jason Peters is the best left tackle in football,” Eagles coach Andy Reid said.
Think Joe Thomas and Jake Long would have something to say about that.

ESPN made a good point last night(which they hardly ever do), the Bills seem to have no clear cut plan. On one hand it looks like they want to win now and push things along after signing TO. However, it looks like they also want to rebuild by shipping out arguably the best player on their offense. Not to mention, the team spends more time in the jail house then in the weight room. Things are definitely crazy up there in Buffalo.

I just thought it was funny dude. It looks like they have about a 60/40 split in favor of the trade.

Back
Top Bottom