MERGEDX4: Favre To Retire | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX4: Favre To Retire

I like his last 2 passes were an int and an illegal forward pass.

Do they trade for Matt Cassel?

Ha Ha Ha that is funny. With the hatred that Belichick has for the entire jets organization that isn't ever going to happen. I dare say that any trade regarding Cassel will definately be outside the division.

Thanks for the memories(interceptions) Favre. You will be missed.

I am sure our defense is sad to hear this news hahaha.

Somewhere, Philip Merling just poured the first drink on the ground for the man responsible for what will probably be the highlight he shows to his kids years from now.

As a purist, I think it is a great pity that Favre did not retire as a Packer. Brett moved to NY and had a poor year and then retired. The 2008 season did nothing but tarnish his legacy.

I do feel that the NFL will not be the same without Favre. There will never be a man like him again the NFL.

As a purist, I think it is a great pity that Favre did not retire as a Packer. Brett moved to NY and had a poor year and then retired. The 2008 season did nothing but tarnish his legacy.

I do feel that the NFL will not be the same without Favre. There will never be a man like him again the NFL.

are you employed by espn or john madden by any chance?

Uh oh, here comes big, bad, Kellen Clemmons.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just so you know big, bad, Kellen Clemens was 3-5 as a starter w/ us in 2007 while Chad was 1-7. Chad behind a much better OL played great last year so it's silly to laugh at KC when he did a better job leading us to wins w/ the same talent just 2 years ago.

Favre retiring is a good thing for our cap. We'll probably sing a cheap vet and let him battle it out w/ Clemens and Ratliff. We have alot of talent, we don't need great QB play just competent QB play which we didn't get the last month of '08.

Just so you know big, bad, Kellen Clemens was 3-5 as a starter w/ us in 2007 while Chad was 1-7. Chad behind a much better OL played great last year so it's silly to laugh at KC when he did a better job leading us to wins w/ the same talent just 2 years ago.

Favre retiring is a good thing for our cap. We'll probably sing a cheap vet and let him battle it out w/ Clemens and Ratliff. We have alot of talent, we don't need great QB play just competent QB play which we didn't get the last month of '08.

Agreed. As I posted yesterday this is going to be a good thing for our cap.

Kellen Clemens has never got a fair shot to play at QB. He went 3-5 with a horrible team and played better then Chad Pennington did last year as far as wins and losses go.

The Dolphins won the AFC East with Chad, the Falcons and Ravens went to the playoffs with rookie QB's, the Ravens went to the AFC Championship game with a rookie QB. You dont need a great QB to be a good team in this league.

Favre didnt set this franchise back or anything. He came for one year, went 9-7, and then retired. The Jets didnt win big. Oh well. I think most Jet fans knew that we needed a new QB anyway regardless of who was at QB for us this year (Chad or Brett). Picking lower in the draft sucks and giving up the third for him sucks to but I think at 8-3 every Jet fan would have signed for that. And I believe we get the Saints third this year in the Vilma deal.

Some of you are unbelievable! How do the Jets have the worst cap situation in the NFL??? We are $17 mil under the cap and that is without them raising the cap yet another $7 mil. All this is because we cut Barrett who took off like $5 mil, Favre retiring takes off $13 mil.

I honestly dont know much about Clemens but just an observation. First he gets tutored under under one of the besr game managers in football and then gets to sit behind one of the best gunslingers in the game. It will be intresting to see what product is produced from that kind of experience. I have to admitt Clemens makes me a little nervous. I hope he does not have the talent to back up his schooling. You guys might be sitting on a future HOFer. I hope not but he certainly has been shown alot sitting on your bench.

Now as for the second part of your comment about having all the tools and your QB not being that big of importance. Thats a big mistake to undervalue the importance of the QB. If it is not Clemens you guys need to secure a starter level QB as soon as possible if you want to be competive. Look at da bears. Great team but cant go anywhere cause they got grossman. Look at us between marino and Pennington, without a real QB your road leads nowhere. Your team needs to make sure you got a real QB or be prepared for another disappointing season.

I honestly dont know much about Clemens but just an observation. First he gets tutored under under one of the besr game managers in football and then gets to sit behind one of the best gunslingers in the game. It will be intresting to see what product is produced from that kind of experience. I have to admitt Clemens makes me a little nervous. I hope he does not have the talent to back up his schooling. You guys might be sitting on a future HOFer. I hope not but he certainly has been shown alot sitting on your bench.

Now as for the second part of your comment about having all the tools and your QB not being that big of importance. Thats a big mistake to undervalue the importance of the QB. If it is not Clemens you guys need to secure a starter level QB as soon as possible if you want to be competive. Look at da bears. Great team but cant go anywhere cause they got grossman. Look at us between marino and Pennington, without a real QB your road leads nowhere. Your team needs to make sure you got a real QB or be prepared for another disappointing season.

I didn't say we didn't need a QB I just don't think we need a great QB. You mentioned Grossman but lets not forget Grossman was their QB when they went to the Super Bowl.

So what was it that led the Jets to the 8-3 record after 12 weeks? Favre was a part of that, be it big or small. Is he being credited for getting them off to that hot start and then it's his fault they went 1-4 at the end of the year too?

So what was it that led the Jets to the 8-3 record after 12 weeks? Favre was a part of that, be it big or small. Is he being credited for getting them off to that hot start and then it's his fault they went 1-4 at the end of the year too?

Favre had a nice 3-4 game stretc befoe the slide. He was very mediocre until that point. He cost us in the first NE game, he cost us against SD, he cost us at Oakland and he kept Miami in the first game, kept Cincy and KC in those games. The only good game he had the first half of the year was the Arizona game but life is much easier when your D forces 6 turnovers in the first half.

During the last 4 of the 5 game win streak he was ok against Buf(was good until we had the game in complete control then he threw an INT for a TD to allow Buf back in it but he led us to the GW FG), good vs. SL, great at NE and good at Ten. After that it was all downhill.

When in the season did Favre tear his bicep, is that known?

Favre had a nice 3-4 game stretc befoe the slide. He was very mediocre until that point. He cost us in the first NE game, he cost us against SD, he cost us at Oakland and he kept Miami in the first game, kept Cincy and KC in those games. The only good game he had the first half of the year was the Arizona game but life is much easier when your D forces 6 turnovers in the first half.

During the last 4 of the 5 game win streak he was ok against Buf(was good until we had the game in complete control then he threw an INT for a TD to allow Buf back in it but he led us to the GW FG), good vs. SL, great at NE and good at Ten. After that it was all downhill.

While he did some good things, he did some bad things. It's an irony that always gets me. Someone helps you and that same someone can fail you at the same time.

Silly sports

Back
Top Bottom