MERGEDX4: Vontae playing bad for Colts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX4: Vontae playing bad for Colts

He came to camp out of shape and unprepared. He has all the tools but lacks the fire to excell. I hope he wakes up, he seems like a good guy.

Re: Vontae Davis given up rec. on 10/11 tgts for 143 yards & 2 TDs.

Vontae will be fine as he is new to the Colts. No need to get on the guy as we have all moved on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I wish him well too, but it's worth looking at since we were flamed for making the trade. If he had 2 int's so far it would be front page news.

Good trade for the Phins. I can't understand why some don't like this trade.

Sounds like Dolphins got the better of the Davis trade thus far...

Although our secondary hasn't been lighting it up, it sounds like we might have traded Vontae at the right time. According to the stats, Vontae has given up a perfect passing rating so far to QB's throwing at him. I know it's only 2 games into the season so we shouldn't be too quick to judge, but it seems like we might have traded him at the perfect time before his value took too big of a hit. An extra 2 and a 6 for someone struggling this much looks like a steal.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/9/...-davis-is-kind-of-playing-like-poop-right-now

I was far from heartbroken when we traded him. We needed a corner when we drafted him, but I was pressing hard for Nicks and he'd look great in a phin uni right about now.

It's interesting to see that the team's approach in the 2009 draft somehow paid off: they drafted two corners in rounds 1 and 2 (Vontae Davis, Sean Smith) and then two wideouts in rounds 3 and 4 (Patrick Turner, Brian Hartline). One of each group is a starter on our team, one of them is gone.

I like the strategy but there are two things about this that I don't like: in both cases the 2nd player taken is our starter. Ideally, you want the higher picked players to become your star(ter)s. And the 2nd thing is that we wasted a 2nd round pick on Pat White. Still can't get over it...

Much like they drafted Philip Merling in the 2nd and Kendall Langford in the 4th.

What has happened each and every time they've done this? The lower round player has turned out to be the better pro (from an almost even degree as in Sean Smith to a VAST degree like Hartline and Patrick Turner). Strange.

Back
Top Bottom