MergedX6: The Official Dolphins Vs. Bills @ Toronto Game Day Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MergedX6: The Official Dolphins Vs. Bills @ Toronto Game Day Thread

Kournikova

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi, everybody! :) Our 7-5 Dolphins will continue their hunt for a wildcard spot in the post season when they 1230 miles up north to play the 6-6 Bills in in the first NFL regular season game in Canada. Dolphins earlier defeated the Bills at Dolphins Stadium 25-16 back on October 26. Dolphins also lead the all-time regular season series 50-34-1 and also have a chance to sweep the Bills with a win today.

Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon will announce the game commentary for the NFL On CBS with WFOR CBS 4 televising locally. Jimmy Cefalo, Jim Mandich, and Joe Rose will also announce the live game-play-by-pay and analysis on flagship station WQAM SportsRadio 560AM in Miami, and the Dolphins Radio Network.

Local weather conditions around the Rogers Centre stadium areain Toronto, Ontario, Canada for the 4:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff will be very cold with Partly Cloudy skies at 17 degrees and strong northwest winds at 22 miles per hour.

I wish the Fins to continue the brilliant play on the field, and there are no penalties, turnovers, and especially no injuries. Let's see the Dolphins keep pace with the NY Jets, and also stay ahead of the Patriots for a possible lead in the AFC East division with a win in Toronto today, and GO DOLPHINS!!!! ;):woot: :dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/fromthegame.asp

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/pregamereport.asp

http://the506.com/nflmaps/2008-14-CBS.html

**The Official Gameday Thread ** MIAMI DOLPHINS vs Buffalo Bills

lets get it started early***********************

Protection is the operative word because keeping Chad Pennington upright and healthy could be difficult with a makeshift offensive line. The Dolphins have lost both of their starting guards and must overcome those injuries so they can give their offensive strength -- the passing game -- a chance to work. Davone Bess had a good game last week as he took over the go-to receiver duties, but the question is his consistency. Ted Ginn Jr., who had his best game of the season against the Bills, might be hard pressed to have a similar day because Buffalo's corners are healthier this time. Advantage: Even.

WHEN THE BILLS PASS

The Bills will go with either Trent Edwards, the starter who is nursing a groin injury, or J.P. Losman, the backup who is nursing superior statistics. The truth is that Losman has a better rating, a higher completion percentage and a higher yards-per-attempt mark. Losman also is 3-1 against the Dolphins as a starter. The Bills will try to get the ball to top receiver Lee Evans because he has historically hurt the Dolphins, and his seven catches for 116 yards in their first meeting was his best game of the season. Josh Reed is back from a high ankle sprain, which should help the Bills. Advantage: Even.

WHEN THE DOLPHINS RUN

The Bills run defense has been surprisingly weak this season -- it's ranked 17th in the NFL. That is good news for a Miami team that could use help up front because of its difficult offensive line situation. Ricky Williams is returning to the place he played in the Canadian Football League for a season, and he'll likely want to impress. But Miami will continue to use Ronnie Brown as its lead back unless he proves he lacks a burst or Williams is hotter. The Miami running game hasn't been disappointing, ranking 13th in the NFL, but neither has it been the boon to the offense everyone expected. Advantage: Miami.

WHEN THE BILLS RUN

Marshawn Lynch has been quite good against the Dolphins. His coaches have been quite bad. Lynch averaged 4.7 yards per carry against Miami the past two meetings, but he got the ball only 13 times in the October meeting between the teams, which suggests that someone was not using an effective offensive weapon to its full capability. The Dolphins showed signs of cracking against the St. Louis Rams' running game last week when tailback Steven Jackson was able to run downhill against them. Lynch is a similar type of runner. Advantage: Buffalo.

SPECIAL TEAMS

The Dolphins have improved in recent weeks because, well, there have been no kickoff or punt return touchdowns, no bonehead penalties to nullify Ted Ginn Jr. scores and no blocked field goals. But improvement is not excellence, and Miami will need that against a Buffalo team that thrives in this area. The Bills are No. 1 in the NFL in average drive start, No. 4 in kick return average and No. 3 in punt return average. Additionally, their kick coverage team is ranked No. 3 in the NFL. Advantage: Bills.

COACHING

Buffalo coach Dick Jauron was offered a contract extension the weekend the Dolphins and Bills first met in October. But the Bills lost that game and four other ones. Jauron reportedly hasn't signed, which begs the question: What are you waiting for? Tony Sparano's staff has kept the Dolphins in a playoff chase despite marginal talent and a flawed roster. He does have to do better at getting urgency and energy from the team on the road -- those qualities were lacking last week. Advantage: Miami.

RECENT HISTORY

The Bills visited Dolphin Stadium in October and lost 25-16 in a game that wasn't truly as close as the score. The Dolphins failed in their first opportunity to sweep an AFC East rival this year when they lost to New England. The question: Can they succeed Sunday?

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/miami-dolphins/story/802383.html

When M4E start a gameday thread you don't just get a Game thread

you get a pre-game Show lol

Enjoy NFL Network....

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d1527a

2543971483_0074021ab8-1.jpg

ill be there asswell im going to st louis for the pre game im leaving in about 20mins

im leaving soon 2....lets go baby........time to smash the Bills...
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Lets Go Fins!!! The dome is ours!!!!!

ooooh, that's going to be a loooooong trip back home.

I live less than 2 hours away and we are taking a limo door to door. It's going to be a great ride home I hope! After all I am going with a couple of Bills fans. It could go either way, Go Phins!

im leaving soon 2....lets go baby........time to smash the Bills...
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Lets Go Fins!!! The dome is ours!!!!!
It probably will be. I have been buying tickets dirt cheap all week (The Rogers Centre was pretty much giving them away because they don't want this to look like a failure) and then selling them online for much more than I bought them for right over the border. I made just under 4 grand on this game. I hope all you Miami fans that overpaid for these tickets have a good time.

Thanks for the write up. You really put some great information in your post. Hope they can pull it off. Lets go Fins.

I think its going to be a great day for Miami!! I think we can control the ground game and pick apart their secondary with shorrt precise passing. I feel good!

But god I hate 4oclock games!

We're down at the game now,the 'Phins are stayin at the Weston on Queens key,if anyones lookin' for them.(And yeah,its freezin here today).

Back
Top Bottom