Met Mom Of One Of Our Players Today | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Met Mom Of One Of Our Players Today

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
am in FT Lauderdale and we were doing some team building thing where you bike bar to bar on this trolley like thing... anyway, at one the stops on our pub crawl I’m standing waiting to order a beer and I see a cell phone upside down on the bar with a Miami no 50 on the back - those expanding accordion thingies so I say,”dolphins fan?” - before the woman who owned the phone could answer her friend says, Andre Branch’s mom, Paulette.

What a classy, knowledgeable and lovely lady. She said she feels blessed her son is in the NFL 7 years - really appreciative and understood it’s not a given and can end any time. Some tidbits as she was great in indulging me:

- Andre had his knee scoped and is fine. Did not make any excuses for his play last year.

- Andre is sad to see Suh go - apparently they became very close friends and said that Suh and Wake mentored him from day 1.

- I asked how Andre felt about the roster turnover. Paulette said that it’s a lot of talent to lose at one time but still optimistic about the season. Felt biggest loss was Suh.

- Said roster moves are 100% Gase and not Grier or Tannenbaum. She didn’t say this with any agenda - just stated that Adam is running the show as far as personnel goes.

- Super sweet person and knows her football for sure.

That’s all I got. Could have hung w her and her friend all day but I got yanked out to get back to the scavenger hunt, pub crawl thing.

Attachments

• 15B37185-D069-49EF-81AE-A2BB59CBD8F9.jpeg
    15B37185-D069-49EF-81AE-A2BB59CBD8F9.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 114
Love stories like this. I truly think we're going to see way more out of branch this year. He played hurt all last year and didn't complain once. I ran into Chris Carter last night at a burger joint. He was so cool. Talking to all the kids, shaking hands.

No doubt those roster moves are 100% Gase, as far as I'm concerned this gives Tbaum his out, if the changes work out he's a great team guy who help guided the Phins through a difficult rebuilding period, if it crashes he just claims it all on Gase...great situation to be in.

Apart from that you got to love the story, great chance encounter.

Thank you. This is much more informative than many of the so-called writers are putting together these days. I have not given up on Branch. From what I had understood, he played with an injury and that could certainly have slowed him down last year. I am looking for him to have a bigger presence this year should he be healthy and because many of our remaining players will "up their game" to fill Suh's absence.

stories like this are awesome. Sometimes we forget that these players are normal people too.
Agree. Was simply a mom, proud of her son but also very realistic w the “blessed to play 7 years” comment as opposed to talking him up etc. I was very moved by here classiness and openness.

I admit. I was a little so-so on Branch. However, because his Mom is so sweet and they seem so grounded and appreciative as a family, I am going to be pulling for him a little extra this season. :-)

Wow. He really looks like his mom. Fun to hear personal insights from people who live it day to day. Thanks for the post :thumbsup

I admit. I was a little so-so on Branch. However, because his Mom is so sweet and they seem so grounded and appreciative as a family, I am going to be pulling for him a little extra this season. :)
That’s what I took away too. They are just people - and seem like good ones at that. I will refrain from talking about his contract from now on. That’s on the FO - good for Andre and his family.

Interesting to get the perspective that Adam Gase is making all the personnel decisions. I doubt that that is the case. He's definitely strongly involved but I still think that Grier and Tannenbaum were active in the recent developments. It was a financial architecture restructuring where money was taken out of expensive items like Ndamukong Suh and Mike Pouncey, not invested in Jarvis Landry, but spread elsewhere. Tannenbaum, as the Executive VP Football Operations has to be directly involved in big decisions affecting things like that. Most likely that a range of different options were considered, evaluated and Tannenbaum, Grier and Gase decided as a triumvirate that this was their preferred option.
Andre Branch comes across as a very interesting and intelligent guy in the video interviews I have seen. He's a real character. Not surprising that his Mom has insight. He played very well in 2016, underperformed last year after getting paid, but there was a significant injury issue. Good to hear his knee surgery went well and he's training. However, he has to significantly lift his game this season as part of a very talented DE rotation that includes Robert Quinn, Cam Wake, William Hayes and Charles Harris. Another mediocre season and he's gone.

He looks just like his mom. Good job detective, sir. Figured there was a change in power more geared towards Gase.... Nice to see it confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom