Metlife Takeover? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Metlife Takeover?

I was going to go last year; life got in the way. Definitely going this year...and bringing Mrs. Goat. We’re going to Williefest on Friday, then the game Sunday. Not sure about the kids, though.

(We’re definitely not bringing the kids to Williefest. Not even smokers, just the atmosphere.)

Anyone else planning on doing this in 2018? I went last year, but opted to get better seats then the section they take over. That was a mistake. I can’t wait to do it right this year. The tailgate before the game was amazing.

http://www.metlifetakeover.com/

Strangely.... me. I am going to this game, have never been to the States before

Last edited:
I’ll be there. Not part of the takeover, but every year I go down with my brother and a jets fan friend of ours, and get tickets in the corner of the end zone by Miami’s tunnel

I hope we get a win for those of you that are going. Have fun guys

That is awesome, give em hell at Metlife.

Gotcha. If you're seeking any advice on things to see/do, I help plan trips for a living. If you already have it planned out, I'll mind my business. :)

Very nice of you :) Im flying into an airport ive never heard of because it was dead cheap, if I can actually find the city il prob be ok from that point :p I think we are probably going to try keep it fairly low budget. I did want to go see Hamilton, but the night that best suited me is the one day of the week it isn't on.

Open to suggestions on (not super fancy) can't miss places to eat both in the city and in the meadowlands! (im staying near the ground but will go into the city a few times)

Very nice of you :) Im flying into an airport ive never heard of because it was dead cheap, if I can actually find the city il prob be ok from that point :p I think we are probably going to try keep it fairly low budget. I did want to go see Hamilton, but the night that best suited me is the one day of the week it isn't on.

Open to suggestions on (not super fancy) can't miss places to eat both in the city and in the meadowlands! (im staying near the ground but will go into the city a few times)

Probably Newark. If so, there's a train that runs right from there to NYC. Tickets to Hamilton are about as easy to get as organ transplants. Grotta Azzurra is a nice place in Little Italy (Lower Manhattan), John's Pizza is pretty good in Times Square (Midtown), and Uncle Nick's is pretty nice for Greek food a little farther North. Plus you've got a whole bunch of pubs and chains like Hard Rock Cafe, Bubba Gump, Planet Hollywood, etc.

I am not familiar with the Meadowlands, but there IS a Dolphins sports bar named Miami Mike's about a half-hour from there. Been there a few times - nice place.

0B618A48-779E-4961-A91F-745D666F908D.png
I’ll be there. Not part of the takeover, but every year I go down with my brother and a jets fan friend of ours, and get tickets in the corner of the end zone by Miami’s tunnel

We sat in 100 level last year, but it isn’t as fun when you are surrounded by Jet fans. Sitting with 1000 other Dolphans would have a home game feel. At the tailgate with 1000s of Miami fans it has a great energy.

Born and raised in NJ. NYC is the most overrated city on planet earth. I’m sure you’ll find that out after about 10 minutes.

Probably Newark. If so, there's a train that runs right from there to NYC. Tickets to Hamilton are about as easy to get as organ transplants. Grotta Azzurra is a nice place in Little Italy (Lower Manhattan), John's Pizza is pretty good in Times Square (Midtown), and Uncle Nick's is pretty nice for Greek food a little farther North. Plus you've got a whole bunch of pubs and chains like Hard Rock Cafe, Bubba Gump, Planet Hollywood, etc.

I am not familiar with the Meadowlands, but there IS a Dolphins sports bar named Miami Mike's about a half-hour from there. Been there a few times - nice place.

Its a bit further out that than that, flying home from Newark though

There actually are tickets for that week, just not the pay I would prefer. Ah well, il get over it.

Nice tip on Miami Mikes!

Back
Top Bottom