MIA @ SD matchup (concerns griese) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MIA @ SD matchup (concerns griese)

i2panzer

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dolphins- i was checking out the pre-season stats and it doesn't look pretty when it comes to sacks for Mr. Griese.

against 2nd string players (being fair we had our 2nd string line... which is what our first string is playing like heh). he did did start 1 game though.

13/18- 72% completion- very nice, i like that.
122 yards/6.7 yards per completion- same as what JF is doing now
23 yards is his biggest pass (being fair he got hurt and missed 2 PS games).
in 18 attempts passing he was sacked 4 times for a total of 29 yards. every 4 passes attempted he was sacked. he's losing a bit over 7 yards per sack.

if his toe isn't 100% which has been the report (they will get him a special shoe) then he'll be sacked more then average (which means a LOT). being mobile when healthy was an issue.

i'm not trying to prove one is better then the other (i'm glad BG is getting a chance, i hope he does own as our QB), but that is something that has worried a lot of people. his net passing yards is is 93 yards. so when he gets a 50 yard pass play (which everyone thinks will be automatic) he'll lose more then half that on sacks.

Marcellus Wiley(1), Jason Fisk (0), DeQuincy Scott(3.5), Adrian Dingle(3.5) have a combined total of 8 sacks. this is good because our oline isn't that impressive run or pass. their teams total is 14 sacks.

This chargers team has only 5 picks, so passing should flow like wine. i hope griese's rust doesn't add to this total (or to much).

Ricky Williams shouldn't have it "easy." he should have a decent day though. the leading tackler is Edwards (50) and the 2nd leader is Lassiter, so RB have gotten in the backfield. i would expect a 100 yard game (112 to be exact).

Randy Mcmichael should have a hard day because he'll have a great cover LB in Edwards.

Our Defense should own brees. Although he isn't sacked often, he does lose MAJOR yards. we should get him in 2nd/3rd and longs. He's been picked off a lot, so that shouldn't be a huge issue for our defenses.

San Deigo- Leading receiver is LT. Don't make the mistake of Boston not being a factor though. I think DB could take all of the dolphins secondary from one end zone to the other. we can't play physical with this guy, we need solid coverage and hope Brees makes mistakes which he has.

Drew Brees's stats are ugly... 7TD/8INT, 5.7 yards per attempt, 57. 8 completion, sacked 9 times for 80 yards. he's also losing a lot when sacked (his stats are similar to fiedlers, and thats surprising, but his RB is doing good so why isn't RW, read on)!

LT- started off much worse then ricky, and now is averaging 5.7 yards per carry. he'll be a handful! don't ignore this for any reason. It's like a jets fan saying RW won't be a factor. suprisingly enough Brees has a lack of abilty, yet LT is having a great season with 657 yards. he's just as dangerous as williams! plus who's going to cover him out of the backfield?!

Defense- Our O shouldn't have a big problem moving the ball. i expect (and so does SD) NT will have a gameplan good enough to win. i think we may see a little more because BG is new and we might need that extra punch. maybe not, but i wouldn't take this D lightly. they're young, not bad. make no mistake those are different things! overall i think they'll give up maybe 20 or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by 1972
Good post. :up:

tough to read that orange, though.

yeah i wanted to make it dolphin and charger colors =\

i'm using orange red now. it's easier to see now.

sacks are a big concern certainly in that we have 2 hurting QBs and Griese could easily get knocked out ag a better team if we decided to throw more w/him in there; however, we have only given up 8 sacks this year and not completely because of Jay's mobility. Hopefully, Brian can play smart and feel the rush...

How come the don't really implant a clock in a QB's brain instead of hoping they are all like Dan and have one built in ? :hmmm:

Re: Re: MIA @ SD matchup (concerns griese)

Originally posted by dolphan39
sacks are a big concern certainly in that we have 2 hurting QBs and Griese could easily get knocked out ag a better team if we decided to throw more w/him in there; however, we have only given up 8 sacks this year and not completely because of Jay's mobility. Hopefully, Brian can play smart and feel the rush...

How come the don't really implant a clock in a QB's brain instead of hoping they are all like Dan and have one built in ? :hmmm:
lol true true.

i do believe Jay's mobilty saves him from sacks. even when he is sacked it's always short yardage so you know he's atleast racing to the line of scrimmage. 8 sacks for 42 yards. so he's losing 5 yards per sack. the 4 times griese was sacked (18 attempts) it was over 7 yards per.

i would be concerned even more if fiedler was playing because he can't really move. i hope griese has an awesome preformace because i predict jay's out 2-3 weeks.

How come our QB's can't drop back and get rid of the ball quickly like they do against us? :(

Back
Top Bottom