Miami at Kansas City Previews and Stats Compares Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami at Kansas City Previews and Stats Compares Thread

For Priest to gain < 100, Ricky must gain > 100.

I know it seems obvious but it bares repeating. If we control the clock and win the turnover battle... we should win.

So if Ricky gets over 100, I'll go ahead and say that Priest stays under 100... especially if KC falls behind early and Trent GrINT starts doing his "thing"... that is, throwing INT's. :evil:

Really, I can't see why we should not win this game. Barring any major mistakes on offense, this should actually turn out to be an easy W.

As for the Chiefs' running game... here's what I think... I think that Bates and Wanny have something in store for this game. I think they'll put eight in the box again, yes, but I also think they'll bring on more blitz schemes. Also, with our depth on the d-line, I think that Bates will have us going after Green as often as possible. And for that, we need to put KC in a lot of 3rd and longs. And to do that... we must stop Priest Holmes. And I think we can do it. I think Zack will have a big day stopping him.

Finally, look for my boy McMichael to show up Gonzales (with all due respect). You could maybe call it a changing of the guard, so to speak! :biggrin:

All right, here's my predictions:

Final score: 30-14, Miami!

Fiedler, 22-28 for about 300 yards

Ricky, 25 carries for about 125 yards and another 40-50 yards receiving

McMichael, 7 catches for about 100 yards

Chambers first 100 yard game.

Defense: harasses Trent all day long, sacking him 5 times and piking him off 3 times.

Holmes runs for a respectable 89 yards.

GO 'PHINS!!!

Oh, and, let me just say this one last time...

JETS SUCK!!!

:monkey: JETS

ps I've been a Dolphin's fan ever since '82 and I've NEVER had this much fun following my team. Emphasis on the word TEAM.

Miami: 3-0 SU, ATS

Kansas City: 1-2 SU, 2-1 ATS

Line: Kansas City +3/44

The Miami Dolphins are sprinting out of the gates, collecting the coin in their first three matchups.

RB Ricky Williams has played no small role in the team's success, running to the top of the NFL rushing standings with an awesome 394 yards and three touchdowns. Williams will face the most leaky stopping squad in the league, as Kansas City is allowing a disgusting 452.3 yards per game.

The Chiefs hope RB Priest Holmes, who ranks No. 2 in the league in rushing, can make up for his team's weaknesses on defense. Holmes' stellar play has helped his team cash in at the ticket window in all but one of the Chiefs' last 10 outings (7-1-2 ATS), dating back to the preseason and last year.

Miami is a rewarding 22-8 in its last 30 games against conference opponents. Dolphins QB Jay Fiedler is suffering from a jammed finger on his throwing hand, but is expected to play on Sunday. And DE Jason Taylor is hurting from a knee injury, but should also make the start.

The 'under' has prevailed in the last two Miami games, backed by solid defense which held the opposition to a meager 16 points combined.
Additional info:
http://www.covers.com/data/nfl/game/g1_10500.html

Long drives , no turnovers and a nice mixture of Rickey with a crisp short passing game will keep our D off the field for most of the game. Priest will get his yards but like Edge let them come between the 20 yard lines, in the red zone we clamp down. If we have a big emotional letdown it will be a tough dogfight that we win in the fourth quarter, if our minds are right we should dominate this team because we are the best defense they've faced and our offense is an overmatch for their defense. I believe their O-line is pretty good so it won't be easy to constantly pressure Green but hits and hurries go a long way. If we can get to Green and sack his butt a few times the Chiefs are toast. Tough test on the road but we're up for it. On O big game for Rickey, Chambers and McMichael, on D big game for Madison, Zack and for some reason I have a feeling David Bowens will do something exciting. 4-0 and bring on the Pats!!

SportsGuy, I dont see any possible way for the Phins to lose except for one.. Turnovers..

I expect the O to stuggle this week.. not able to score TD's inside the red zone..

I think the defense will keep KC in check for most of the game.. give up valuable yards.. but no more than 1 score in the first half.. and probably one score in the second half late in the game.. by that time, I believe the game will already be decided and the good guys win..

It wont be pretty.. it wont be our best game.. but I do see a win on Sunday.. I even wagered $100 on the Phins this week and am giving up the 3 points.. boy do I hope I'm right and your not..

:)

Jeep since you bet $100 on the phins. If they win how much would you get in return ?

While I'll NEVER predict a defeat for my beloved Dolphins, I have feelings similar to those of Sportsguy. I think this is a very dangerous game for us. I think we'll be very fortunate to come out of Arrowhead with a win.

Do not underestimate the Chiefs. As you know, they just gave the defending World Champions all they wanted and more......AT FOXBORO. They hung 37 points on the stingiest defense in the league. A defense that's even better than the one that shut down the high-flying Rams last January. The Cheifs played lights out offensively. And with Patrick Surtain and Jason Taylor iffy for this week, it could be even tougher for us.

You know that, after last week's performance, KC's offense feels like they can play with anybody. And while their defense stinks......this could be the game where they do everything they can to buckle down and support the offense. They're gonna want to show their home fans what's up. Couple that with Jay Fiedler's new injury, we could get all we want from them.

I think this will be a close game. A game that will really test us and show us where we are MENTALLY. Can't wait.

Yes, I too am a bit scared about this game. It's JT's injury that scares me the most. Holmes gets his yards no matter what but that would have been offset defensively by a pass rush. Green is like Testaverde, keep him rushed and rattled and he becomes an INT machine, in which case, game ends right there. Leave him standing, he will get hot and streaky and with receivers that are fair to middlin and, of course, with Gonzalez, going up against our depleted D backfield, well, this could be trouble. Bowens and OGun probably won't be trusted as much as JT and will be asked to stay in their lanes first, rush second. Hope Fletcher and Gamble are up to the extra time.

Of course even with that said I still stick to my original prediction (in the prediction thread). With the injuries, our D and their O are a push. Our O is what wins this game. Fielder leads us to a win with 4 TD passes, two to Ricky after play fakes get him past the eighteen players in the box trying to stop him. Dolphins 34 Chiefs 14.

Back
Top Bottom