Miami at UGA Pro day to see Michel, Chubb, and Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami at UGA Pro day to see Michel, Chubb, and Smith

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
According to a club source present here with the Dolphins brass at the NFL annual meeting, the Dolphins are continuing their search to upgrade the running back corps despite the Gore addition.
And one place the Dolphins have looked as a good place to shop for the need is the University of Georgia, where both Sony Michel and Nick Chubb offer talents NFL teams value.
The Dolphins were at the Georgia Pro Day last week en masse. I’ve already reported defensive coordinator Matt Burke was at the Georgia Pro Day primarily to look at linebacker Roquan Smith, a possible first-round draft pick. Linebacker coach Frank Bush was there also.
But the Dolphins also sent running backs coach Eric Studesville to the event because the Dolphins are trying to get the best possible evaluations on both Michel and Chubb.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article206808594.html

All three of those players demonstrate good character and we can certainly use a LB and RB. I'd be disappointed if we don't end up with at least one of the three.

DK, you beat me to it. I was getting ready to post the same thing. I think we need to be looking hard at Michel or Chubb with one of our picks.

I don't see them taking a back before the 5th if all they're looking for is RB3 since the Gore signing. Maybe even UDFA. Those guys are falling out of trees.

Gotta go with the elite guy between the two in the hypothetical, even with the lingering injury. There's a pretty sizeable talent gap between the two if you ask me.

I don't see them taking a back before the 5th if all they're looking for is RB3 since the Gore signing. Maybe even UDFA. Those guys are falling out of trees.

Gotta go with the elite guy between the two in the hypothetical, even with the lingering injury. There's a pretty sizeable talent gap between the two if you ask me.

I'm a Mark Walton fan in the 4th/5th, or a John Kelly from UT fan in the same area.

I'm a Mark Walton fan in the 4th/5th, or a John Kelly from UT fan in the same area.

Something like that would be totally fine. It's one position the Dolphins have managed to consistently fill competently in the later rounds.

A bigger guy like Freeman or Samuels would entice me just to be able to use a FB in some formations. Clay was always getting crucial blocks when lined up there.

Totally unrelated, but Hank Azaria is on Dan Lebatard right now saying how Brent Musberger took a dump in his hotel bed after they disagreed on how to pronounce Hrbek. Now that's amazing.

Something like that would be totally fine. It's one position the Dolphins have managed to consistently fill competently in the later rounds.

A bigger guy like Freeman or Samuels would entice me just to be able to use a FB in some formations. Clay was always getting crucial blocks when lined up there.

Totally unrelated, but Hank Azaria is on Dan Lebatard right now saying how Brent Musberger took a dump in his hotel bed after they disagreed on how to pronounce Hrbek. Now that's amazing.

Muffburger and his family used to run a hamburger shop not too far from my grandparents' house in Montana.

Though...shitting the bed for Muffburger...at his age, I'm surprised he did it on purpose, lol.

Muffburger and his family used to run a hamburger shop not too far from my grandparents' house in Montana.

Though...****ting the bed for Muffburger...at his age, I'm surprised he did it on purpose, lol.

It was an disagreement about Kent Hrbek so it was probably in the 80s.

Remember how many star fat guys played baseball in the 80s? Kruk, Gwynn, Cecil, Puckett, etc. - the list goes on and on. Now we only get fat relievers. Lame.

Personally I like the more interchangeable type at running back, and part of me thinks gase does too after seeing what he did w/ drake and Williams together.

I think Sony michel would be a hell of a grab in the third. I think his and drakes game are pretty comparable

Chubb is obviously a special talent but I take Michel bc of fit

I like Ballage and Kelly if they make it to round five

It was an disagreement about Kent Hrbek so it was probably in the 80s.

Remember how many star fat guys played baseball in the 80s? Kruk, Gwynn, Cecil, Puckett, etc. - the list goes on and on. Now we only get fat relievers. Lame.

Cecil Fielder...that guy was the man. Not only were they complete round mounds, but they could really play baseball.

David Ortiz was the last great fat guy that could swing the bat. Too many guys take care of themselves these days...much to the detriment of viewers everywhere.

I will say though...one of the damndest things I've ever seen in baseball was Prince Fielder hitting an inside-the-park HR. I still can't believe I saw that happen.

Cecil Fielder...that guy was the man. Not only were they complete round mounds, but they could really play baseball.

David Ortiz was the last great fat guy that could swing the bat. Too many guys take care of themselves these days...much to the detriment of viewers everywhere.

Ortiz and Prince were the last two great ones. Stupid neck injury robbed us of a few more seasons with the latter.

Bartolo will play until he's 60 so at least we have that to look forward to. He always looks like he's about to die.

Think we successfully derailed the **** out of this one. Solly OP.

Ortiz and Prince were the last two great ones. Stupid neck injury robbed us of a few more seasons with the latter.

Bartolo will play until he's 60 so at least we have that to look forward to. He always looks like he's about to die.

Think we successfully derailed the **** out of this one. Solly OP.

It's amazing that Colon is still playing all of these years (if you can call it that these days) and hasn't dropped dead of a coronary/heart attack/some other ailment. I remember him being a menace when I was in elementary school, and that was a thousand years ago.

Oh, and sorry OP for the derailment. May BobDole and I be crushed by train cars in another lifetime.

Hopefully they got a look at Lorenzo Carter as well. I already know Belicheck is going to look to turn him into the next Jamie Collins.

Back
Top Bottom