Miami - Attendance 7th in NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami - Attendance 7th in NFL

Dolfan02

Somebody kick Huizenga for me
Reaction score
http://www.kenn.com/sports/football/nfl/

This just released. Last season we ranked 7th in NFL attendance.

If you notice Miami averaged 73,190 per game out of a seating capacity of 75,540 in Joe Robbie. NY averaged 78,602 per game out of a seating capacity of 80,242 in Giants Stadium.
Looks like we sold out every game :D

GO FINS!!

Those are paid attendance figures. I'm assuming they include tickets the local TV affiliate has to buy in order to avoid the blackout.

A better measure would be actual attendance as a percentage of seating capacity. From a team support perspective, who cares if the seats are all sold if a lot are empty for the game because the TV affiliate has had to buy some, and other people just don't bother showing up?

I'm pretty sure those numbers were the actual attendance. If they weren't, our attendance for each game would be 75,540 because every game sold out last year.

Were usually top 5. Fins are also just 1 of 3 teams whos stadium is club owned, NE and Washington are the others

Originally posted by NYCphan
Those are paid attendance figures. I'm assuming they include tickets the local TV affiliate has to buy in order to avoid the blackout.

A better measure would be actual attendance as a percentage of seating capacity. From a team support perspective, who cares if the seats are all sold if a lot are empty for the game because the TV affiliate has had to buy some, and other people just don't bother showing up?

You skimmed right through it instead of reading it...
The left side colunm is yearly paid attendance figures, the right side colunm is team totals from the ANNOUNCEMENT boxscores at the game (meaning how many fans crossed the stadium gates). See the left side total from 2002? See how the right side total from 2002 is different? One is paid the other is how many arrived. Regardless of the situation, Miami still ranks 7th, stop trying to find excuses. And FYI, the last blackout we had was against Baltimore in 2001 which by the way WAS a sold-out game by game-time.

Originally posted by bryan allen
Were usually top 5. Fins are also just 1 of 3 teams whos stadium is club owned, NE and Washington are the others

Aren't the Eagles club owned now in their new stadium?

Back
Top Bottom