Miami better not get pass happy on the Giants!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami better not get pass happy on the Giants!!!

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
All this talk about the Giants pass defense being weak is a trap. If Miami goes into the Giants game like they did against the Texans, where they wanted to showcase their passing game, it will blow up in their face. The Giants offense will score a considerable amount of points. I'm predicting they score atleast 20, and if Miami tries to start passing alot more like they did againt the Texans, the clock will melt alot slower and that will give the Giants offense more time to get on the field. Ricky Williams is the key here and as much as it hurts to say this, they will need to run him around 30 times this game to keep that Giants offense off the field. Hopefully the coaching staf does not get blinded by the Giants pass defensive stats and all that junk. This will be a hard fought game and I wish Miami the best and hope they do not get fooled by the stats on paper.

If Miami does play the control the clock type game, I see Miami winning this game 27-20.

If they get pass happy, I predict a Giants win of 33-21...

I disagree, this game is nothing like the Texans, and the Giants let Quincy Carter throw for 300+ yards on them. NY offense is overrated, and if it wasn't for Kerry Collins they would be 1-2. This is not a trap game, but if, or should I say when we win this game tomorrow, next week's game vs Jacksonville is a possible trap game. Fact is, our pass defense isn't as bad as the stats show, and we proved that last game vs the supposed potent Bills Offensive passing attack. We think we will win tomorrow, but by no means will it be easy, it will be close, and won by RICKY!!!

Chambers open your eyes my man, Jay does not, and I repeat does not have the arm of a Quincy Carter. He's not and I repeat, not a pure passer, he can not keep us on the field throwing a bunch. I agree with RBAM's, we will lose a shoot out type of game plan, we need to keep the Giants D as honest as possible and let Ricky set up the pass, by having some success on the run..We need to keep their Safties close to the LOS, can't let the their front 7 contain our run game...Then and only then can we throw...Jay does not have the arm strenght to beat a NFL Defensive backfield, no matter what their ranking is. Until our WR's do the YAC thing, Jay's arm will not beat many teams.

I wanna see McM have a HUGE GAME tomorrow. I want to see Konrad get the ball more out of the backfield (passing). We haven't used these guys a lot so far and aren't they supposed to be big parts in the Norv Turner O? Thompson needs to show something this game or we may all be calling for Simmons soon enough ;\.

Originally posted by chambers84
I disagree, this game is nothing like the Texans, and the Giants let Quincy Carter throw for 300+ yards on them. NY offense is overrated, and if it wasn't for Kerry Collins they would be 1-2. This is not a trap game, but if, or should I say when we win this game tomorrow, next week's game vs Jacksonville is a possible trap game. Fact is, our pass defense isn't as bad as the stats show, and we proved that last game vs the supposed potent Bills Offensive passing attack. We think we will win tomorrow, but by no means will it be easy, it will be close, and won by RICKY!!!

The Bills "potent passing attack" has nothing on the Giants passing game. Miami had a lights out performance against the Bills on Monday Night, but do you expect them to play like that every week? That was Miami's 2nd best defensive performance in franchise history. The Giants pose a much different threat. Not only in the passing game, but just look at the difference between the Bills ground game and the Giants ground attack. The Bills have no run game, no respectable TE, no reliable #2 WR and a QB that gets happy feet after a couple of licks. All 4 of those characteristics are what the Giants do not have and that is why Miami will have their work cut out for them tomorrow morning.

The Giants will get some good drives on Miami. That's inevitable, but the answer lies in running Ricky Williams and restricting the amount of time the Giants get to make some of those drives. Ball control is the key to win this game and if Miami does indeed try to throw the ball 3 times in a row and go three-and-out, that's about 35 seconds trimmed off the clock and there goes the Giants offense back on the field..

The play action pass and the run game is where Miami's identity lies and they should not try to be what they're not just because of some deceiving statistics written on paper.

We definitely need to keep pounding the ball with Ricky. We should NOT change our offensive attack.
The passing we should be doing for the most part is to Ricky, Konrad and McMichael.

Im agreeing wit y'all here...we cant get pass happy against these guys. We're a run based offense, and its not like we're gonna start channelling the Rams (back when they were good) just because we're facing a crappy pass D. We need to ram the Dredlocked Demon down their throats about 30 times and pass short to Mcmichael and the backs. We need to take to a few shots to chamber or derrius downfield tho, just to spread the D out and keep em honest on the run. I'm predicting the Fins win a close one 21-17

I'm not sure why you guys think our Fins plan on getting pass happy.

Jay said in that article that the Giants "D" has given up some big plays and that in watching them on film it's evident that their opposing recievers often times got good YAC. So he went on to say that those are the types of big pass plays they look for.

I really haven't read anything else about the Dolphins really taking to the air in this game. I just got that they will take their usual shots and hope that their WR's get good YAC.

I think they've learned their lesson about abandoning the running game with Houston.

As far as our defense goes, I think they'll show up. Something about the way they played against Buffalo makes me think this defense is hungrier than in years past. Does anyone else feel that way?

So, I am optimistic a very goood Dolphins D shows up against the G-men and of course our excellent running game and complimentary passing game.

It will still be close!

Oh, one more thing, with regards to the Giants poor passing "D": Jay also added that our passing defense was ranked last in the NFL before we played the Bills. So I don't think we'll fall into the trap of taking them lightly.

Jay is gonna throw alot tomorrow, like it or not. We must pass tomorrow, and pass good. The Giants obviously have a great corner-tandom, but they're safeties make that secondary VERY suspect. They better take some shots down the field tomorrow, no more of that petty sh*t..

I guess we will wait and see what happens tomorrow, but Jay Fiedler DOES have a better arm than Quincy Carter, and Jay Fiedler IS better than Quincy Carter. HAVE MORE FAITH IN YOUR TEAM!!

Well, if the safeties are suspect, that bodes well for Ricky and then the passing game. Personally, as much as I preach Ricky, I feel tomorrow on the first two downs, they need to go long. The Giants secondary has somethign to prove, and that would be a good litmus test. Throw it deep to Chambers or over the middle to McMicheal the first two downs. If it works, solid. If it doesn't, back to Ricky. Once Ricky keeps pounding that defensive line, the safeties will cheat up. That allows for play action passes and one on one coverage on Chambers. I take that bet everytime with Chambers.

I agree, I don't want to see a lot of passing, but we do need to have some time of passing game. Even if it is just dink and dunk to Konrad and Williams. But I think we definately need to challenge them.

I agree with most of you. Jay has yet to hit a long ball. If the safeties are week, Hit McM and Konrad and let them get some YAC. And always runrickeyrun.

We can't run Ricky like we have in the last two games. We will throw the ball and throw it well today.

Back
Top Bottom