Miami better not get pass happy on the Giants!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami better not get pass happy on the Giants!!!

Originally posted by RikWriter

We can and we should, if we want to win.

I agree. We must establish the run first, although the Giants may stack the line against the run. That should give the offense some good looks to make some plays, and that's where Fiedler and the receivers must step up and make them. If the Cowboys could run all over them with a back that is not of Ricky Williams caliber (nothing against Hambrick, though), who would not think that they would be a little apprehensive about facing a marquee running back? Therefore they may initially compensate by trying to stack the line.

The Giants defense will stack the box to stop Ricky and press bump the WRs because they don't respect the deep ball from Miami, and they shouldn't, Jay hasn't hit a deep ball all year and when he does get it close the WRs have dropped it.
They need to establish the run but it will be very important for the passing game to hit on the deep ball to loosen up the Giants defense, that will in turn set Ricky loose for some ground pounding.
I expect a low scoring close game, but if they can't make the deep pass effective it WILL be a long day for the Fins.

Originally posted by RikWriter
We definitely need to keep pounding the ball with Ricky. We should NOT change our offensive attack.
The passing we should be doing for the most part is to Ricky, Konrad and McMichael.

i agree. If it aint broke, dont fix it. run ricky run ricky run ricky. But mix it up big time with passes on first and second down. Just keep doing the same thing except i want JF to throw it away when he doesnt have anything or just run the damn ball!

Originally posted by Hellion
The Giants defense will stack the box to stop Ricky and press bump the WRs because they don't respect the deep ball from Miami, and they shouldn't, Jay hasn't hit a deep ball all year and when he does get it close the WRs have dropped it.
They need to establish the run but it will be very important for the passing game to hit on the deep ball to loosen up the Giants defense, that will in turn set Ricky loose for some ground pounding.
I expect a low scoring close game, but if they can't make the deep pass effective it WILL be a long day for the Fins.

I dont think you have been watching alot of film. Chambers has cought deep balls but not the straight type patterns down the sideline. chambers can shake anyone on a serious juke rout and he can sky for the ball. One reason some plays havent hit big is that interference on the DB who knows he gets his ars juked so bad that he is only covering his butt from a sure TD. The real deal is that we are progressing and not regressing except for JF throwing the INT instead of throwing it away (which he was doing in preaseason very well.

Originally posted by finfan54

i agree. If it aint broke, dont fix it. run ricky run ricky run ricky. But mix it up big time with passes on first and second down. Just keep doing the same thing except i want JF to throw it away when he doesnt have anything or just run the damn ball!

Yeah! That's the one thing I believe gets lost with the discussion of Fielder. And that is, he is a pretty good runner for a QB.

Originally posted by finfan54

I dont think you have been watching alot of film. Chambers has cought deep balls but not the straight type patterns down the sideline. chambers can shake anyone on a serious juke rout and he can sky for the ball. One reason some plays havent hit big is that interference on the DB who knows he gets his ars juked so bad that he is only covering his butt from a sure TD. The real deal is that we are progressing and not regressing except for JF throwing the INT instead of throwing it away (which he was doing in preaseason very well.

It's regame time so I'm not gonna argue much BUT,

Chambers longest catch is 57 yards against the Texans other than that he had a 39 yarder. As his longest catches so far. With a total of 260 yrs on 16 rec. so far this season.

McMichael's longest is 33 yards against the Bills with a total of 57 yards for the game. He has a total combined yrds of 37 against the Jets and Texans with a total of 8 rec. for the season.

Ricky's longest is 35 yards with a total of 93 yrds for the season on 12 rec.

The rest of the offensive stats are not even worth typing.

So far as Chambers goes he's been the most effective catching the long ball but not exactly a huge threat right now.

And the rest of the offense is not impressive at all.

As far as the DB's grabbing the WRs and holding them up that happens every game and is part of the game. Like I said the League does not respect the Dolphins long ball. and with good reason, I don't know what tape you been watching but stats (in this case) don't lie.

The Dolphins are not going to try to throw the ball deep any more than normal unless the Giants D gives them those shots. If the Giants D gives them more shots than normal then they will take more shots than normal.

I think it's important that we dictate the game to them and not vice versa. We run to set up the play action pass and take the deep shots when the defense gives it to them. That's what they always do and I don't see that formula changing much.

Anyway, we'll see soon enough.

GO PHINS!

Back
Top Bottom