Miami-Buffalo Series | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami-Buffalo Series

IAFINFAN

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I have a friend that is a die hard Bills fan, and this weeks game is his Superbowl. I have to hear constantly how this is "big rivalry". Does anyone else feel the Dolphins and Bills are a hugh rivalry. I guess I could see maybe back when Marino was in his prime, but even back then I always looked at the Jets and Patriots as bigger games.

Now with him being a Bills fan I guess it was a little more important but that was strictly bragging rights. Just curious how all TRUE Miami's feel. He is acting like this is a make a break game and that Buffalo is Miami's biggest game of the year. I personally have always hated New England more in past years and lately it has been the damn Jets. Don't get me wrong Buffalo has been a good game, but only because of our division. What do you guys think.

It hasn't been a big rivalry in a few seasons. Its definately been a rivalry, but not on the scale it was. It'll probably start picking up again now that they have picked themselves up off the bottom of the cellar......

I feel that the Jets are our #1 rivalry. They're our Lex Luther. It's a really close series. The Bills are our #2 rival, IMO.

Buffalo is, has been, and as long as they are in the same division will be the most hated rival of our beloved Dolphins. Our rivalry with them is only closely matched by 2 other NFL rivalries(Washington/Dallas, and Green Bay/Chicago). The New York team rivalry is really only a temporary phenomenon( really only hot since 1998).
The real reasons that our rivalry with Buffalo is 3-fold. It has often been for divisional dominance. Each team has had some extended streaks of sucess against the other, and will rub it in. And the huge cultural difference between the 2 teams(them cold weather, rug, dull colors, smokestack town, unhealthy food, us hot weather, tourist town, grass, bright colors)

Originally posted by booyeah_
I feel that the Jets are our #1 rivalry. They're our Lex Luther. It's a really close series. The Bills are our #2 rival, IMO.
me, too - it m/b NE's fans that give them a 3rd place finish.

Back
Top Bottom