Miami busy hosting prospects; Smith due next week | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami busy hosting prospects; Smith due next week

Justasportsfan

FinHeaven Elite
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted yet. Sorry if missed it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...draft/2005/04/11/dolphins.draft.ap/index.html

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) -- Still weighing their options with the second pick in the NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins hosted 17 prospects for interviews this week, and they plan to bring in Utah quarterback Alex Smith for a visit next week.

The players brought in aren't necessarily those the Dolphins are most interested in drafting, coach Nick Saban said Thursday.

"We want to eliminate some of the questions we have about players," the new Miami coach said. "The reason we bring some guys in is because we don't have adequate information. This is more of an information gathering, semi-recruiting type of visit than an indication of who we're going to pick."

I think it was reported in the Herald last week, but thanks for the heads up.

I like Smith, I don't think he's worthy of the #2 overall, but I feel the same about a runningback, regardless of our need. I wouldn't mind to see Smith in a fins uniform just like I wouldn't mind seeing R Brown or Cedric Benson (my first choice). What an exciting draft, for the first time in I don't know how long, the first two picks are still a toss up! My nails are going to be gone come draft day...

Jnaledu3 said:
I guess this means that Smith is either here today or tommorrow..

you must've missed my post at the "other" board. ;)

Alex will be in Santa Clara on Tuesday to discuss a contract with Niners officials, so he'll probably be in Miami on Wednesday or Thursday

Back
Top Bottom