Miami can sue Ricky if they want | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami can sue Ricky if they want

midwest_phinfan

Starter
Reaction score
ESPN Article

"...even though the Dolphins didn't have to pay the Saints for a portion of the bonus, they do have the ability to sue for him to fulfill the contract."

Big O said they can't sue him because it is his right to quit or retire when he wants to.

You can't sue someone to fulfill their contract if they retire. Look at B Sanders and the Lions.

I thought Ricky's 2004 salary contained no bonuses.

I think they are refering to the bonus that they had to pay ricky when he signed that the saints owed him.

it was added into the contract. Not all contracts are alike u kno...Just cuz they couldnt sue Barry doesnt mean nething bout Ricky.

The article says,

"When the Dolphins acquired Williams in a trade from the Saints, they did pick up the contract and the right to sue him if he quits early. The Saints gave him an initial signing bonus of $8.843 million, and even though the Dolphins didn't have to pay the Saints for a portion of the bonus, they do have the ability to sue for him to fulfill the contract.

If successful, the Dolphins would get a $3.3 million repayment for failure to perform. Williams is signed through 2006 and would owe the Dolphins three years."

If I were counsel for the Dolphins, I would sue the crap out of him.

1972 The Fins can sue him for $3.3M. I woudl have the attorneys working on it before the sun sets today.

Make the jerk pay for his "freedom". Taking a chunk out of his ganja budget will get him back.

Maybe we should file a class action suit on behalf of the fans. We probably wouldn't win, but it would be fun.

1972 said:
Maybe we should file a class action suit on behalf of the fans. We probably wouldn't win, but it would be fun.

And if we do win, we use the money to pay for our newly burned Ricky jerseys that we wasted our money on :evil: .

If we can sue him, I so hope we do. He shouldn't care if he loses the case since he has said before that money doesn't matter to him.

Regan21286 said:
And if we do win, we use the money to pay for our newly burned Ricky jerseys that we wasted our money on :evil: .

I can't believe I spent $70 on one. I'm going to keep it in my closet but there is no way that I will ever put it on again.

Take every dime that belongs to the Dolphins by contract and law. The Miami Dolphins Foundation can give it to the needy.

Ricky doesn't need it.

"Jamaicans live in tin shacks."

"A bottle of baby food cost 79 cents."

Back
Top Bottom