Miami can sue Ricky if they want | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami can sue Ricky if they want

We should have a public burning of all Ricky merchandise. Do it in the parking lot at Davie. All fans bring their RW cards, shirts, hats, whatever and make a big a$$ fire and burn them in protest of his action. Make ti the offical F--- RIcky Williams party.

Regan21286 said:
And if we do win, we use the money to pay for our newly burned Ricky jerseys that we wasted our money on :evil: .

yeah we better draft a guy named williams next year that takes #34. or we could get ricky williams from Indianapolis! :goof:

Sueing him would be tacky as hell. One no-class move doesn't deserve another.
Forget him, move on, and don't look back! :)

Lambchop said:

What is no class about suing him????
The guy forfeited his contract and will cost this team millions because of it. They also did nto get a return on their investment of millions and two first round draft picks.

I am sorry what he did was classless, sueing him would be justice.

Lambchop said:

I wouldn't consider it a no-class move. The bottom line is he backed out on a contract and if he had a stipulation in his contract guarding against him leaving early then he knew he could get sued for leaving early. If they can I think they should.

Good thing RW doesn't care about money. Not only will the fins sue but companies that paid him millions in endorsements will want some back.
Does anyone know if the Dolphins will receive draft pick compensation next year because he retired before the contract expired?

What is with this guy...talk about a nut case...
Sue him if the Fins have the right to, so that they can recoup some of the money that they will lose on his services...Does anyone know if that would be a credit to the cap ??

What really gets my goat on this thing is why did he wait until the day before camp starts to do this ?? This was really a classless act on his part...just venting, but I really cannot believe this guy....

I really do not have any problem that he is quitting. That is his choice, but to do so 1 week before training camp? That is classless and gutless. That gives the team NO chance to go find a replacement. Hell if he did this last week, there was still Eddie George!? This move really personifies his character.

Ya, if he woulda said it atleast two weeks ago I woulda still of been mad, but we would have more options.

Its going to be hard to sue him. considering he is in Jamacia or whatever Smokin' it up

Miami didn't pay Ricky a signing bonus, thus I disagree in the premise that they can sue him to return signing bonus. Saints assumed the cap hit when they traded him

Clumpy said:
Miami didn't pay Ricky a signing bonus, thus I disagree in the premise that they can sue him to return signing bonus. Saints assumed the cap hit when they traded him

The Dolphins gave up two first round draft picks and assumed the rights to that contract.

Chris Mortensen reported on ESPN radio that Ricky Williams could be in hock to the Dolphins to the tune of 3.3 million.

Back
Top Bottom